Profile photos bug on version 1.8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Eero mesh network

Description Of Issue

I attempted to change my profile picture after the 1.8 update via my iPad Mini 5 (and iPhone XS both) but just receive the message “Failed to load image from clipboard” after each try. You can delete the existing image, but there is no way to add a new one.

Hello?

I realize this is a minor issue, but the software upgrade has now made it impossible to add a photo to your user profile.

It would be nice to have this resolved, as it worked perfectly fine before.

The only full-featured Roon controls are the desktop versions (MacOS, Windows). This might be one of the cases where you struggle or fail while trying to use a mobile (iOS, Android) one. As far as Artist or Album cover pictures are concerned, the only option is to provide an URL to a picture from the clipboard instead of the picture itself. Might be the same for profile pictures too - or something different. I don’t want to mess with my setup just to figure out, maybe you can provide screenshots of what you see/get?

I just tried with my Sony Xperia XZ2 compact and it worked. You have to be careful that you are indeed referencing a .jpg or similar and not a google results page containing the picture for instance.

1 Like

So I am trying to do it from my iPad (or iPhone), as my core is a Nucleus and these are my only control devices for Roon.

Previously, when you clicked on “+ add photo” you could select a photo from your camera roll, but now this functionality is gone.

So I have now tried to copy a photo to my clipboard, as well as copying a link to the photo in iCloud, and in both cases I get this…

I’m not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I just don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.

I never tried it on mobile on 1.7, but it certainly has to be a URL now, not a copy of an image. Http references to .jpg files work, I can’t speak for iCloud, but the analogous Google references don’t work.

If you have access to a Mac or PC, then browse or drag and drop should work.

So I just tried to download Roon to my PC laptop (which is antiquated) and after installing I get a “fatal error” warning telling me I’m missing a driver or something.

I don’t want Roon on my laptop anyway, so I guess this is a no go for me. It’s frustrating that what is supposed to be progress in the way of firmware upgrades makes something like this difficult. If Roon implements changes I don’t want them to go backwards.

I really appreciate you and Blackjack both trying to help though.

Hi @Riviera_Bluesman

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Can you share the URL of the image you’re trying to add so we can take a look? Feel free to send it via a PM if you’d prefer to keep the URL private. Thanks!

1 Like