Purcell's Dido and Aeneas – Sarah Connolly recording

This is a work/parts issue. Here’s a partial screenshot of how Roon displays the opera:

The first five numbers of Act 2 (tracks 12–16) display incorrectly as parts of Act 1. Tracks 17f display correctly as parts of Act 2.

I have used SongKong to try to correct this:

In Roon’s Metadata Preference for the album I’ve selected Prefer File for Multi-Part Composition Grouping and then Saved it. But the album still displays incorrectly. I’d appreciate some help understanding what’s going on here and what I need to do to correct it.

Thanks.

Hi @Philip_Gibson,

You’ll also need to fill in the Work field in the tags — that should get it working for you.

Thanks for your suggestion, Dylan. Here’s what I’ve done:

Unfortunately, it has made no impression on Roon :frowning:

Any more suggestions?

Best wishes

Philip

By the way, I get the impression that the issue is not so much to do with the way I’ve configured tags in SongKong, more that Roon is ignoring my instruction to Prefer File for Multi-Part Composition Grouping. what makes me think this is that under Movement I’ve tagged tracks 1– 11 as Overture / Act 1, but Roon is displaying just Act 1.

Best wishes

Philip

Hi @Philip_Gibson,

Thanks for giving that a go! Next, can you try changing your Movement field — It should be changed to Section.

Unfortunately, SongKong won’t enable me to do this. Nor will my other tagger, Meta.

I gather that mp3tag has this functionality but I’m using a Mac, it looks like installing Wine and then mp3tag is quite a palaver and, critically, that Wine is not compatible with Catalina, the os I’m running.

Can you recommend a Mac-based solution – preferably a free one since I’ve already invested in two apps to perm the metadata of the files in my library so they get recognised and display correctly in Roon?

Best wishes

Philip