Purchasing music

I often use Tidal for discovery but prefer to buy important albums, both for use on devices that don’t have network connectivity and as protection for the future – in case Tidal goes belly up I don’t want to have to chase around to remember my favorites.
So a suggestion:
Add links in Roon to buy albums, at HDTracks for downloads, or Amazon for physical media.
Amazon will even give you a kickback!

The immediate gratification of online purchasing is very empowering. My wife is making fun of me for the Sunday morning habits: I read the New York Times and anything interesting I see in the Book Review or Music sections is immediately ordered.

3 Likes

Please don’t do this. I prefer on using every bit of real estate to make the music searching and playing experience enjoyable, rather than a place to buy things – there are plenty of those.

2 Likes

PLEASE NO!!! Do not make roon a store…even if it is just links. If this was to happen, I’d have to think about stop using the program… or you need to make it free.

2 Likes

Just to add more voices, I actually would not mind having a very smart recommendation system that allows users to purchase and download new music that they will enjoy. It does not have to be in your face - may be another option in the side menu?

The same system that allows Rune to build playlists based on customer usage can also be used to help the users discover and purchase/stream new music.

Anil

1 Like

Wow, that was fun. Strong opinions.
Some people are against the capitalist system… :smile:

I have to admit having to copy and paste into Amazon is a first-world problem.

1 Like

I agree, this would be a disaster. Don’t do it.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’ve no objection to seeing similar artists and similar albums listed within Roon, however, acquiring music is a separate endeavor to listening and enjoying it and I’ve no interest in turning my listening into adware sessions. Tidal integration enables you to listen on demand and should you then decide you want to own a copy it’s a simple matter to head over to whatever online store takes your fancy.

1 Like

I would use this feature to focus on my Tidal tracks. Then create an Amazon wish list to add all the albums that I feel are worth owning to that wishlist.

Great idea!

1 Like