Put me in the stack of questions to be answered

i have updated to 2.0 and i cannot discern a difference-probably my incompetence. as far as ARC is concerned, installed on release date and nothing happened. error message trying to connect but nothing. left it alone for two days and miracle of miracles, it immediately connected. do not know how but it did. decided to drive around and connection lasted for about 5 miles and the spinning wheel took over. came back home and reconnected immediately. tried the next day and went in a different direction. same thing happened. not very technical but connection to nucleus is wired and then to an orbi router. do not see any messages about upnp or anything like that. put me in the stack of questions to be answered.
MacBook Pro with 16 GB core i9 2.3gh etc.

Hey @popcorn,

My extreme apologies for the delay in following up! I wanted to check in and see if you were still running into issues using Arc outside of your home network?

Typically, errors like the one you see can be caused by a misconfigured Port Forwarding setting, if you are not seeing Ready listed in Roon Settings -> Roon ARC, please look over this guide before proceeding.

If you have reviewed this guide and still have not resolved the issue, can you provide the following details about your network setup to help expedite troubleshooting?

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?

6. Are there any specific error codes displayed in the Roon Settings → Roon ARC tab? If so, can you post the error here?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.