Putting core screen to sleep while using Roon app

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Dell Alienware laptop via USB.
Controlled by Roon app on iPad.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

No issue here

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
dCSRossini DAC —> ARC REF10 preamp —> Levinson 33H speakers

Description Of Issue
My Roon core laptop is in view in my listening room. Looking to shutoff my laptop screen (core) while using app to control Roon. I was able to do this with Pure Music some years ago. Is this possible with Roon?

Hi,

I may not be understanding you question fully but can’t you close the laptop’s screen or if you still want to use the laptop’s screen, minimise the Roon window?

It is possible to install Roon Server which has no GUI on the laptop.

And optionally also have the “Full” Roon installed as well but used as a remote for Roon Servers (rather than the integrated Core).

Hi @Fritz_Nelson,

What happens when you shut off the laptop screen for your laptop? Does it go into sleep mode? If the Core is not active, Roon would not be able to work properly.

The Core needs to still needs to be powered on to work with Roon, if it is just the screen turning off that would still allow Roon to work but if the entire Core is going to sleep/shutting off, the Core can’t manage the endpoint connections while it’s sleeping/turned off.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.