QNAP Core, Roon re scanned my library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TVS471 Roon core and library

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
BT router, basic cat5e cables and TP link switches

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian 210, various Bluesound pulse speakers

Description Of Issue

I notice at about 8am GMT that Roon was completely re scanning my library for no apparent reason.
My recently added albums are no longer correct although this is not a problem. Would there be any reason for this behaviour or is it indicative of an issue?

Ok, I noticed my QNAP had a snapshot programmed and Roon picked this up. I have now disabled snapshot to prevent this in future.

1 Like

I noticed this problem last week. There is a spot in Settings, Storage where you can specify “ignored paths” in your library folder and use that to prevent Roon from trying to index the snapshots. I thought that was better than disabling snapshots entirely, at least for me.

Thank you for that information. Is this it and what does one type in if it is. I’m not a computer person here…

I’m no expert either and somebody else may give you better advice but I have added “;/CCC SafetyNet/;@Recently-Snapshot;@Recycle” to that list. The “CCC SafetyNet/” was added because I use Carbon Copy Cloner on my Mac to do backups and it dumps this folder in my library folder. The “@Recently-Snapshot” and “@Recycle” folders are created by the QNAP system and the contents don’t belong in my library. I suspect that there is a way to describe the QNAP folders with @ and wildcards but I did not want to experiment. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Cheers, that looks too complicated for me :joy: I’ll just leave it off, I have backups…

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.