QNAP NAS collapsed after update , lot of covers are missing, many are not identified

Roon

QNAP TVS673 with 42 TB 64 GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Fritzbox 7590

Connected Audio Devices

Meridian 800, Meridian 7200 SE, Auralic Aries G2 all over LAN

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

After the last update, our QNAP NAS turned off completely. Everything had to be completely reinstalled for me and the hard drives with the 30,000 CDs had to be mirrored again and then the data had to be read in again, which took 3 days. Now a lot of the covers are missing and the changes I made are all gone too. I can no longer paste a cover copied from the Internet from the clipboard to Album Artwork, which used to work. How do I get the missing covers on the CD now?
Many CDs are also not identified and cannot be identified either, because you don’t see all the CDs of an artist (Miles Davis has 1000), but only 20. Searching for the album title is nonsensical. Roon must offer the possibility that all CDs of an artist are displayed and can then be selected during identification. Any cheap program can do that

Hey @Niklas_Rohlfes,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

In your position, loading a backup would probably be the best thing to do. If you have a recent backup, it should load things back to how they originally were pre-collapse. Here is more information on how to do this:

Let me know if restoring a backup helps :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.