QNAP NAS multiple issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1.7 (build 571) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connected to Cisco Smart switch
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mac Laptops, iPad Pros, iPhones. Audio through Chord Hugo 2 and Chord Mojo/Poly
Description Of Issue

I have two issues:

1. I am having to unauthorize an instance of Roon every time I try to use the Roon app on any device. It presents the login window each time, you login and then it says to Unauthorize. Once I unauthorised it goes to the normal Roon database collection. I cannot see where I might have two instances. I have not installed the core on any other device other than the QNAP NAS, as far as I can tell.

2. Recently I have not been able to update the metadata in the Roon interface. The update indicator in the top right hand corner is constantly cycling. So any reviews or star ratings are not being added of the last few weeks. I n noticed there was an error warning indicating that “Metadata Improver: Halted, Roon needs a software update” No doubt this is related but I am unaware of any updates.

I have uninstalled the instance of Roon on the QNAP. After reinstall there has not been any improvement to the authorisation issue.

Regards,

Warwick

This may help. There’s a manual update needed.

Thanks, installed the update manually and so far so good. The metadata is now being updated. I did have to relogin and Unauthorise but I have not been able to check if this is a once off log in. Thanks for the info and update!

Good to hear. You shouldn’t need to Login or Unauthorise again hopefully!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.