QNAP - Not Showing Local Folders Anymore [See Staff Post - Fix is released]

Just upgraded to latest Roon version…still having the same issues. I can browse to my music folder via the Storage settings page but my library wont populate in Roon.

I hope you have your backups at hand since reinstalling the core and restoring from backup did the trick for me with Build 850. I can confirm that local libraries are visible now and everything works as before, actually even faster since this update brought improvements to Linux performance.

Maybe try reinstall + restore next? You can leave the backup restore run overnight if you have large libraries since it can take several hours.

1 Like

QTS version 4.5.4.1800
Troubleshooting - deleted and re-added library folder, restart Roon on QNAP
Storage location - Music folder on same QNAP that is running Roon.

1 Like

I’m also not having success with the 850 build.
I run TS-873 v5.0.0.1828
Installed B850 and roon runs.
Issues with finding library, only qobuz
When choosing a music folder roon does not see the various music folders. Only the roon database backup folder

Hey @Don_Ashley,

We appreciate you letting us know :pray: . Have you tried any troubleshooting steps (rebooting, reinstalling, force rescan, etc?)

@noris
Feedback about the questions Rebeka asked: QTS 5.0.0.1837 on QNAP TS-473A-8GB

The series of added albums or music is mixed up.
I also have a minor difference between the number of albums under overview and my library (difference of about 16 albums (1605 to 1621)).

How did I access the library?
Roon settings → storage locations → and then I clicked through the folders from my NAS (this didn’t work out and I could add the right folder but obviously there are no search results from Roon).
Roon did not realize the music which is stored in these folders.

When I put in the network shares with name and code it worked.
But this was not necessary before and everything worked fine before the update to B846.

Storage location:
Roon core on super fast SSD within the NAS.
The local music is stored on 2 HDD Drives within the NAS (Raid1).
Another HDD within the NAS is just for weekly backup. Roon backup works fine on the same 2 HDD without any issues. (Thats’s also the interesting thing - backup works, playback and scan of music not.
Everything has the same rights structure.

Everything LAN connected.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks a bunch @Peter_Kuehnel! We’ve added the details to the data we’re collecting. If I may ask one more question: while file sharing on QNAP might be allowed, there is a bottom guest access that has to be enabled. Is yours? Thanks again.

@beka I actually had the roon starting issue. Before b850 I was able to correct the issue by creating a new library. It still did not find all my music files. I used a backup file and all the music that was rescanned was lost. The only music in roon right now is from qobuz.

I tried rebooting the NAS. I reinstalled b850 on the NAS.
From roon I cannot map to the sub folders on the NAS to see the music files.

What ever I did in the remapping of my music library prior to b850 has really got this into weird state.

Thank you
Don

Hi @Don_Ashley & others affected,

Can you please confirm what your folder permissions look like under Control Panel → Privledge → Users → Edit Shared folder Permissions (for the user which you use to login when accessing QNAP)?

@beka, @noris ,
I can confirm - my admin user looks exactly like your screenshot.
But I thing there is a difference to the guest access permission issue from post #27.
What shall I do next?
Thanks

@noris :white_check_mark: but still experiencing issues. RW access for the username roon uses to access the shared folder.

My settings look the same.

This fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

QTS version : 4.5.4.1741

1. i can see local library now, but it cant scan any albums
  2. reinstall and install roon core 850 again, deleted and re-added library folder, restart Roon on QNAP
  3. check Edit Shared folder Permissions is correct.
    how can i do now? thanks

Thanks for sharing details about the way this is impacting you, @Noble_Yang. We’ve added the info to the report :pray:

If it’s any help, I’m running Roon on administrator account on my QNAP/QTS. I didn’t touch folder permissions at all, they’re on default settings (QTS 5.0.0.1837). Things work normally here now.

1 Like

@support,

I updated Roon core to B850 for my QNAP 453DX. All the music were shown as deleted several minuets after upgrade.

I relocate the music database folder but Roon says the storage location is offline.

Hey @Michael_Farrell,

Could you please also let us know the QTP for your QNAP?

@rebeka Do you mean QTS version? I tried 4.5.4.1800 and 5.0.0.1850. Same issue which Roon can read the database folder structure but can not start to scan the library folder I set. It says the storage location is offline.

Great guess, @Michael_Farrell ! Yes, I meant QTS (thinking QNAP :woman_facepalming: ).

All I needed. Many thanks :pray: