QNAP - Not Showing Local Folders Anymore [See Staff Post - Fix is released]

So when trying this do I / others also need to manually adjust that file?

No, I have adjusted the installation and updated the link in my post. It should work now without manual modification. :wink:

2 Likes

I have tried the fixed that @crieke has provided. It fixes the issue. Thank you very much for helping us get rid of this headache.

2 Likes

Roon just auto-updated on my QNAP. After the update, the issue has gone.

You mean a firmware update?

I dont think the issue is fixed yet. I am still showing 10 copies of every album and upon next restart the issue returns.

1 Like

No, I meant Roon server update.

Try to install this https://roononnas.org/builds/QNAP/interim/RoonServer_2022-11-29_x86_64.qpkg manually. This fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

I installed that version but I have the same issue. Right now, my library is scanning and Roon is showing over 400K tracks with 10 versions of every album. Roon is saying I have over 1 million(!!) tracks (I only have 60K).

I installed that version too - even with the very recently released new QNAP firmware. Seems actually to be ok - but again some albums (not all, just a few actually) appear multiple times like:

Roon is still scanning my library and now its up to 980K tracks, I only have 60K total. Not sure if this helps but Roon is showing 9 copies of every album I have. Here is an example:

Is it really for every single album you are seeing this? I have one single album (the one screenshoted above) which is 32 times displayed!
But apart from that there are only a few other „problematic“ ones.
Maybe this is related to ripping / metadata and the bug is based on that?

@Markus_Hubner

Could you check the file locations of the duplicate albums?

Screenshot-2022-12-18-at-13.48.30

Thank you. The albums are in the QNAP @Recently-Snapshot folder. This folder never showed up in my library before this issue started. To be safe, I added ;/@Recently-Snapshot/ to the ignore path option but albums in that folder still seems to be showing up. I also tried the Clean up Library option. I noticed instead of 9 copes of every album I now have 15!!!

@tboooe
Just a thought on that:

• You are using a / before @Recently-Snapshot. I could imagine, that you need to remove it, as this folder is technically not on the root level of the filesystem.
  • In the predefined entries of “Ignored paths”, I see a space after the semi-colon, but I am unsure if this is relevant.
    Based on this, my “Ignored Paths” entry should look like this:
    /tmp/; /temp/; /.; .pmbmf/; @Recently-Snapshot/

Another (workaround) option for this might be, to have a subfolder with all the music. AFAIK the @Recently-Snapshot folder is only present in the root directory of the share.
On my system I have the share “Music” and a subfolder “Christopher” (and my girlfriend has its own subfolder with her preferred music). When I add “Christopher” to Roon, the “@Recently-Snapshot” folder will not be in the search path of Roon.
But I have to admit, I am also not using the Snapshot feature on my music share. So I currently can’t test this and its just pure theory…

Thank you so much for trying to help me. Last night I tried all different variations of adding @Recentiy-Snapshop to the Ignore Paths option but nothing worked. Here are the variations I tried:
;/@Recently-Snapshot/
; /@Recently-Snapshot/
;@Recently-Snapshot/
; @Recently-Snapshot/

UPDATE - not sure what I did other than restart Roon which I did multiple times last night, my library track # is SLOWLY decreasing. This morning Roon showed I had over 920K tracks. As of right now, I am down to 913,077. My actual library is around 61K tracks so at this rate my library should finally be correct around middle of 2023???

1 Like

FINALLY! My library is showing up correctly in Roon with real-time monitoring working as expected. Merry Xmas to me!

2 Likes

Did you change something or got it cleaned up automatically?

I had to try ignoring the path to my @Recently-Snapshot multiple times before Roon would finally exclude those albums from my library. That was why I was seeing 9-10 copies of every album. The odd thing is that before this became an issue, I never had a problem with albums in the Snapshot folder showing up in my library.

I also see various versions for example - although this gets correctly displayed (just one album), but these multiple versions for Snapshot should be fixed. @crieke can you include a fix for that too?