QNAP - Ready, connection lost!, initializing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TS 251+
Firmware: 4.5.1.1465
Version : 1.7 (build 667) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear R7000
Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Inititial problem:

What I have found out since:

As soon as I try to scan audio files located on an external nas (not the one that is running the Roon server) this is happening. I remove the shares from this external storage and I have no more crashes. This used to work flawlessly, but not anymore.

Path is mounted via autorun.rh

Moving my music files to the host server is not an option for the time being as it involves additional hardware investment…

Thanks for looking into this and helping me.

Hi @jumpcuts,

The next time that Roon is in this state can you stop RoonServer and use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

Here you go:

Thanks.

Hi @jumpcuts,

I’m definitely seeing some traces in the logs that are pointing to difficulties stemming from trying to access the files on your watched folder. We have scheduled a meeting to discuss with our technical team but in the meantime would you be able to provide some information about this path being used? Are you able to share screenshots of Settings > Storage when it is up and running? Anything you can provide about what might make this watched folder act different than a typical NAS share would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hello,

This is how I mount my path to the nas running the Roon server in autorun.rh:

mount /ip.address/music -t cifs /share/diskstation/music -o

When I add a folder in Roon I point to this path /diskstation/music

Hope this helps.

Hi @jumpcuts,

Thanks again for sending the logs. We our technical team has reviewed them, but they are inconclusive.

Can we please ask that you note the next 3 exact local time + date this issue occurs and send us a new log set (with all the Roon logs contained, not just one of them)?

If we have multiple timestamps we can try to identify patterns between the logs, thanks!

Here’s a couple of days of me trying to scan music folders on a virgin database.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thanks @jumpcuts, let me get this over to the team for closer inspection.

Do you recall approximate time and date of the issue to cross-reference in the logs?

FYI, I bough new hardware to be able to host my music files from the QNAP server running Roon. So this bug won’t affect me anymore but it may be still worth looking at.

Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Hi @jumpcuts,

Thanks for letting us know that the new hardware you have is able to run Roon better.

I checked in with QA regarding your case and after further review of the logs, it is possible that the issue was due to a problematic media file, specifically this one:
/diskstation/music/_VOLUME_01/_FLAC/Amon - Nona/01 - Amon - nona.flac

Do you by any chance still have this file on your new Roon server / storage locations? Has it already been imported into your Roon database without any issues?

Improvements and Bug Fixes for Build 710:

• Fixed problems with monitoring watched folders which were set using symlink on linux

Nice, I guess this would have taken care of my problem. Thanks for the fix!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.