QNAP - Roon Server = Stopped after update [Fixed in build 880]

Thank you Chris. Let’s hope a solution can be found soon. :pray:

Hi @crieke.

here are my log files
Link removed

Please let me know if you need them to be sent by email.

Kind regards,
Vlad.

Thanks for your logs @Vladimir_Grayvoronsk.
I have downloaded them and removed the link.
I could already find the exact issue, which is currently being investigated.

4 Likes

thank you @crieke. we all look forward to hearing the updates!)

2 Likes

I have a feeling I am also suffering from the QNAP problem. I run Roon Core on a QNAPS TS251 with a USB SSD. Since a recent update none of my devices running Roon can find the core. And according to the Roon Server page, the server is ‘stopped’. The QNAPS firmware version is 4.3.6.0959 Build 20190531. All help gratefully received!

Hello All,

Thank you for the reports here! We are looking into this issue and we are hoping to collect more data from users affected. There appear to be two issues here, possibly related:

1. RoonServer not starting properly and hanging on the “looking for Core” screen
  2. Local shares missing from Roon Settings → Storage

We have created a Google Form kindly requesting more information from the users impacted by either of these issues. If you are affected and can please fill out the following form, it would be much appreciated, thank you!

4 Likes

Submitted my info.

2 Likes

Have the same problem on my HS-453DX. I am running the latest firmware on the NAS (5.0.0.1837) and latest Roon build 846.

Remote devices hanging on “Looking For Your Roon Core” also effects DS418Play running Roon Core (since updating to 846). Apparently, the problem is not confined to QNAP.

Submitted my info, but the upload limit for log files is 100Mb and my zip is 111Mb so couldn’t upload my log files.

Please try and unpack in on your desktop PC then repack it. I have the same problem with my NAS that the ZIP-file is not compressed. Repacking it on your desktop should fix this (create a compressed ZIP-file).

1 Like

Looks like it’s damaged as it won’t extract. I assume it’s just a compress of the /RoonOnNAS/RoonServer/Logs folder? If so I’ll just do it manually.

Content:
grafik

I had no issue unpacking it. Comparison original versus compressed:

Well, that’s great for you, but mine won’t extract and I’ve tried a couple of different tools. So all I need to know is if the .zip is just a compress of the Logs folder.

Please see the picture of the content above.

Thank you - looking forward to hearing the solution.

hi, @robbbby. I had the same issue with the size of the log files archive. Try to unpack the downloaded file and then, zip it again. In my case, it helped (the volume of the archive was slashed by 10).

1 Like

Hello All,

Thank you for the reports and for submitting logs to us regarding this issue. We have just released a Hotfix (build 850) that can help with this behavior.

For those impacted by this, can you please try to update and let us know if you see an improvement? If you still have issues with RoonServer failing to start / local drives missing, please do let us know.

Full release notes can be found here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can’t connect to my Roon core on QNAP/QTS NAS after 1.8.846 update

All back to normal on a TS-251A-8G. About 45000 tracks are online again :grinning:
Thanks

1 Like