QNAP TVS-882 and Roon 1.3 (Build 200) Issues/Initializing

Continually having issues with RoonServer disconnecting and restarting file analysis/scanning on a QNAP running QTS 4.3.2. 32GB RAM, Core i5.

RoonServer is installed on a SSD volume in a RAID1 and ~250GB free. All my media is located on a RAID5 voulme with ~4TB free,

I know logs would be very helpful and looked around from within Roon for the logs, where/what is the process to obtain and submit logs.

Thanks

You can access the Logs of the RoonServer on your “RoonServer” share, that you created according to the installation instructions.
In that shared folder you can find the logs in the directory RoonServer/Logs

If @support asks you for these files, they will tell you how to provide them.

Has RoonServer worked before and this issue just occurred now?

I just received the QNAP TVS-882 last week and finished the setup over the weekend and never seemed to be stable. Prior to the QNAP I had RoonServer running a ReadyNAS-516 NAS/Linux and never had an issue.

Have several other apps installed on the QNAP and they run without issue.

Thanks

I have sent you a private message to investigate this.

Your QNAP environment looks fine so far. But RoonServer outputs Socket errors:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection reset by peer
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00033] in <bd46d4d4f7964dfa9beea098499ab597>:0 
  at Sooloos.RnetJsonClient+<_BeginRead>c__AnonStorey5.<>m__0 (System.IAsyncResult ar) [0x00037] in /home/roon/roon/RoonBase/rnet_json_client.cs:335 
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection reset by peer
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00033] in <bd46d4d4f7964dfa9beea098499ab597>:0 
  at Sooloos.RnetJsonClient+<_BeginRead>c__AnonStorey5.<>m__0 (System.IAsyncResult ar) [0x00037] in /home/roon/roon/RoonBase/rnet_json_client.cs:335 

I think it would be best if @support could take a look.

1 Like

Could this be a network config issue? I enabled port trunking on the QNAP and LACP on my Cisco switch. I am going to disable and run a single interface to the switch - disable all port trunking and bonding.

Thanks

Hmmm, I used LACP (802.3ad) here a while ago, too. Had no issues with it. But I am unsure if that was on Synology or QNAP. I will try it again on the qnap. I used it in combination with a Cisco SG300 switch.
But it certainly does not hurt if you try a single connection. It is always good to slim down the complexity of a network setup in case of issues.

If your issue is indeed network related (I don’t know that), it might also be interesting to change (temporarily) the managed switch for an unmanaged one (if possible and one is available).

Chris (@crieke), thank you for dropping us a flag here.

@Govnah — Please keep me up to date on the results of your testing and if you are still in the same state we can take a look at your logs :sunglasses:

When you do follow up just be sure to drop a flag for support (@support) and one of our team members will touch base with you.

-Eric