QNAP Upgrading to Roon 1.3 - In trouble - Nothing Works Now

Me too I have problem with my Qnap since update.

The other thing that continues to happen is that my MS200 disappears while something is playing and the screen on the remote reverts to “select an audio zone”. I’m not certain why that is happening either, just that it did not happen with 1.2.

In a few seconds time, it finds it again, but in order to continue, I have to hit play again. This happens with TIDAL streaming using DSP. Without, it doesn’t happen very much at all.

Have you re booted the MS200? Always worth a try…

Just did a clean install. Seems OK so far. However I would like to use my old backup. Not sure if that will work yet. Need to reed how to put back an old database.
Before I tried to install with old databases present under “RoonServer”, that did not work, but not sure if that is the correct way to do it.

Again same problems as before. Suddenly I loose all my audio devices. And can’t find them anymore.

I shall post logfiles later.

Edit. Email just sent to Chris with logfiles
(Not allowd to upload here. Why ?)

So did another new install. This time I monitored the CPU load, and it was well below 80%. Also I think no error messages on the Qnap itself. Afer finished scanning through mediafiles, I once again lost connection with audio devices.
Again no audio device found, And they was present before.

Is anyone @support working with these issues ?
(Logfiles sent Chris)

Edit:
Deleted Roon installation. Kept everything. Installed a QPKG. Same result.

If support like me to factory reset my Qnap, I can do.
If they like ne to use the Qnap virtual switch in order to add my MicroRendu and HTPC, I can do. Have 4 RJ45.

Hi R1200CL,
can you send the log files to @support as well? They should be able to provide better feedback to this issue and can also give you details how to send it to them.

How do I email support ?

Installed om my HTPC by the way. No problem.

For me what helped is upgrading all remotes to new software. At first only iOS remotes worked with my core, I installed new instances of remote on OSX and Windows. I now works.

Hi @R1200CL ----- Checking in with you here to see if any new progress or observations have been made. If you are still in this state we would definitely like to take a look at some of your logs and can help you get them over to us. Let me know, thanks!

-Eric

Yes please, @Eric

Did Cris forward the logfiles ?

If not which once do you like to have, as I have at least 3 sets sent to @crieke I think

HI @R1200CL ---- I will be contacting you via PM momentarily with upload instructions.

-Eric

B@support
I have an update that at the moment seems to solve the problem.
Still the logfiles ought to confirm my findings.

I had a ubuntu container installation with a virtual switch that was not connected anywhere. Maybe even two virtual switches.

Deleted the ubuntu, which had to be done in order to delete the virtual switches.

Restarted and suddenly I all audio device is available as well as Tidal playlist.

I hope @crieke can test if is the case or reason, and that you at the moment are not allowed to use virtual switches on a Qnap. Or maybe it’s in combination with the container station.

There is an other interesting part to this as I and several others has a theory that using the Qnap as a virtual switch for your MicroRendu and HQPlayer may add SQ.
A confirmation that virtual switches can be used is interesting.

Edit:
For some reason, I can’t add network folders (network shares is more correct) any more.
Or it stats not ready.

@support

So I did a factory reset of my Qnap TS453-Pro 8 GB
Copied over my old database from when @crieke was helping me on Friday.
This was the database that got corrupted during the 1,3 update.

Again following errors:

Then during writing this the Roon control is able to connect to the database. And it seems to see my network share, but again it can’t connect to a audio device. And no Tidal playlists as before.

I have upload the logfiles, Totally delete the installation and just another clean install.

So far clean install is working. Seems the factory reset did it.

Still as described in post above, Roon is not able to deal with with my old database.

I’m ok with to start from scratch, as that seems to be the working solution.

Hello @R1200CL,

To troubleshoot the issue we need to get the logs. I’ll contact you shortly with the detailed instructions via PM.

Thanks

You already have the logs. Have a look at communication with Eric

Ooops, sorry :slight_smile: