Qobuz 192kHz tracks breaking up on Mytek Brooklyn DAC+

Hi Karen, I am assuming you did the basic try a different USB cable, but, I would give a shout to Mytek tech support as there maybe a setting on the Mytek which is affecting the issue.

Hi @Karen_Hughes,

Thanks for running those tests! It does seem like only 192/24 bit content is impacted by this, so reaching out to Mytek support team is a good next step. Do let us know how it goes with Mytek support and if you need any further feedback from our end!

Hi @noris, thanks very much for your help and patience. It does seem to be a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ issue as I’ve tried playing 24/192 files locally outside of Roon with exactly the same issue. I’ve raised a ticket with Mytek and will see what they say. I also noticed that they’ve just released v1.28 of the firmware, but it gives me the same issue. The release notes just say “internal bug fixes”, so I’m not sure if they have seen this more generally. I’ll keep you updated if I get a resolution.

3 Likes

Hi @noris,

Well playback is now working perfectly. Mytek got me to try a few things and I proved that I could play back perfectly from my MacBook Pro connected to the Mytek at 24/192. So that got me wondering what could be the issue. I recently switched to the Mac Pro from an iMac. So the only real difference is the connection on the back of the Mac (and software configurations but I was hoping that wasn’t the issue).

I currently connect the Mytek to the USB3 port on the back of my Mac Pro - thinking that avoiding a hub would be beneficial - and that mirrors what I did on the iMac. I therefore tried connecting to one of my two USB hubs. The first one, an Anker USB3 Hub, wouldn’t work at all and the Mytek wasn’t even recognised. The second one, a Belkin USB-C Hub, let the Mac recognise the Mytek. And even better, it now allows 24/192 playback without any issue.

I’m at a loss to understand what the difference is - I can only presume that different USB chipsets have an impact either on their own or in conjunction with the Mytek’s USB support.

Anyway - there was no fault with either the Mytek or Roon and everything is working now.

Thanks very much to yourself, @Rugby, @ged_hickman1 and @wizardofoz for your helpful and patient responses.

One of the very best things about Roon (other than the software!) is the tremendously helpful responses in the forum.

2 Likes

Hi @Karen_Hughes,

Thanks for the update here and glad to hear that the system works with the other USB hub!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.