Qobuz 96K track playing as 44K?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Lan connection between ROCK and Brooklyn Bridge w cat6.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge cat6

Description Of Issue

Why is this not hi Rez?

But this is:

It’s probably mislabled in Qobuz. One’s got nothing to do with the other.

I see there is an unlabeled Tidal version that is actually 48 MQA that decodes to 96. There is also a CD version. Maybe the version that comes up in Qobuz is actually the CD version.

Just some sort of screw up with that album in Qobuz, I think.

1 Like

Hmmmm. Both shown as hi Rez in Qobuz. Both released today as hi Rez 96/24 on HDtracks.

And I do happen to like both :grin:

So I hope you’re right, Jim.

1 Like

In Qobuz it is usually because the high res version is available for purchase but you are only allowed to stream the standard res version.

Not on my plan…see the Bruce Springsteen album streaming in hi Rez. To be clear both streaming from Qobuz.

It’s nothing to do with which plan you are on. It’s the way Qobuz sometimes works, stream the cd and download the high res. It comes up regularly on this forum.

No, there is a problem or mistake in Qobuz. There are two versions available for streaming. The 24/96 version streams at 44.1. It is the CD version. The other one is also a CD version. They have linked the wrong version to what they are saying is 24/96. Qobuz streaming usually has CD, 24/96, and 24/192 if available.

On Tidal, there is a CD version and an unlabeled version. The unlabeled version is actually MQA 48/96. Wierd.

Thanks for input, Ged. So what are most people doing? Downloading and storing locally, or streaming? Question goes for both Qobuz and Tidal. I was under the impression there is no difference. I’m on the top tier of both right now, planning to migrate to only one.

It is correctly labelled here in the U.K. on Tidal. It doesn’t address the OP’s query either way about Qobuz.

I addressed his query. There is an error on Qobuz. The album is mislabeled. I’m out of town now, so I don’t know if it’s been corrected or not.

Not corrected, at least here in USA

I really think Qobuz has simply pointed the link to their 24/96 streaming version to their CD version. I wonder if anyone had notified Qobuz?

I just emailed Qobuz Support.

3 Likes

Yes here in France, I have the same problem with Melody Gardot album, I hope Qobuz will rectify soon

I don’t know when Qobuz will get this fixed and I’m not home to use Roon, but this Tidal version is really nice with my Dragonfly Cobalt and Sony headphones streaming with the Tidal app on iPhone.

Just received this response:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for contacting Qobuz’s support. I hope you’re doing well in these topsy-turvy times. I’m happy to help. Thanks for your email and for bringing this to our attention. It’s much appreciated. I’ll let the team know right away they will address it ASAP.

Does this help? Don’t hesitate to let us know if you spot anything else…

Regards,
Sébastien from Qobuz

3 Likes

Thanks Jim!

1 Like

Just received this response:

2 Likes

Thanks again Jim, you’re a :sparkles:

1 Like