Qobuz Albums gone after B401

This happened to me as well yesterday. All 626 Qobuz albums that have been added to my library over the past few months now have an added date of 21 February 2019. The order in which they have been added also now shows as random in my library, but the sequence has been preserved in the “My Qobuz” section of Roon.

The issue has been reported to the Roon team, and they are investigating.

It happened to me yesterday as well
I suppose it is linked somehow to Roon removing Qobuz purchases, cleaning all Qobuz library information and then reloading favorites only.
Not happy about it, but hopefully this was an ‘exceptional’ case.
Dirk

Not sure if this is supposed to be a closed subject now or whether it is still being resolved? Just to say I have 12 more albums in my Qobuz favourites than I have in Roon when asking Roon to focus on location Qobuz Library, and of course they are in all sorts of order not the actual date added @support

Just a wild guess. Is in settings–>General ‘Show hidden tracks and albums’ off?

Hi @Tim_Woodward,

Yes, definitely check to see if these albums are hidden. If they’re still not showing up, can you share an example of an album that is appearing in Qobuz but not Roon so we can take a closer look?

We are currently investigating this behavior with Qobuz and will be sure to keep you updated once we have more information.

Thanks!

@Dick_Vliek you got it! I hadn’t realised those 9 or so albums I already had in my own collection had resulted in the Qobuz versions I also had in favourites being hidden when they were imported into my library… other duplicated albums were identified separately because they were different formats - thanks :blush:

@dylan thanks also yes this cured the missing album problem now I have removed them (I was at one time trying to duplicate my own music files in Qobuz but of course this isn’t necessary now I have one Roon library, unless Qobuz has a better version). I will look forward to any news on reinstating the actual Qobuz added date, if that could be achieved it would be great, I have been adding albums for ages and its sometimes really interesting to go back over the years! :blush:

2 Likes

When I booted up Roon today, I initially received a message that the connection to Qobuz had failed. When I retried, Roon joined Qobuz successfully, but now all of my Qobuz favorites AGAIN appeared at the head of the “sort by date added” display with today’s “added” date (March 8). This is the second mass “added” date shift of Qobuz favorites in the last couple of weeks. Is there any progress to report on resolving this issue? It’s an irritant because I almost always browse my collection by “dated added” and an expectation of stability in this feature is not unreasonable. Thanks!

We agree :slight_smile:

As I mentioned recently, Qobuz is looking into this, and when Roon is getting the right import dates from their API this should be resolved.

Sorry for the trouble here!

1 Like

Thanks, Mike. I’ll continue to be patient…

Bill

1 Like

It is indeed necessary that Qobuz and Roon fixes this rather fast! All my Qobuz favorites since 2015 have now a date added of 6. March 2019, out of nothing since 2 days ago! What’s going on???

I’m using my favorite setting in Albums ‘Sorted by Dates Added’ with Focus ‘-Qobuz’ to exclude more than 250 new additions from the last few days due to a Qobuz database hickup. At least, like this I can ‘re’find my latest purchases.

Just to note that all my Qobuz favorites got added again to my library, this time all with the date of 7 March. The order is once again random, and different from the last time all my albums got set to the same date added (21 February). Fortunately the order of the favorited albums shown in the Qobuz app is still preserved.

Indeed this gives hopes that one day we will get back the right chronological order of our added Qobuz favorites in Roon. I also can confirm that in the Qobuz app and in the Devialet Spark app the chronological order of my added favorites is still preserved.

Today all my Qobuz albums are back to original dates and all appears as it should.

Yes, apparently Qobuz has rolled out a fix…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.