Qobuz albums replaced by Tidal in Playlists and Library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TVS-471U-RP as Core, running Roon 1.7, build 511.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Pakedge Network, all devices on the same VLAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Various endpoints, like MBL N31, Lumin U1 mini, Sonos Connect, RoonBridge on Mac Mini.

Description Of Issue

Roon seems to resist switching albums from Tidal to Qobuz version.

I have several albums in my Library from Tidal that I want to switch to the (better sounding) Qobuz version. To do so, I inspect the album from the library, go to “Versions”, and press “Add to Library” next to the Qobuz version. Roon then makes this Qobuz album the Primary Version. However, some time later (a few hours, the next day), Roon has switched the primary version back to Tidal. Also, if I have added tracks from the Qobuz version to a playlist, these then become unavailable in that playlist. Recently, this even happened to a track while I was playing it. Playback suddenly stopped, with the track then showing “Unavailable”.

Albums this happened to include “Russian spectacular” by Valery Gergiev and the Kirov Orchestra, released 14 Feb 1995 and “Mussorgsky: Symphonic Works” by Claudio Abbado and the London Symphony Orchestra, RCA Stereo RL 31540, released 24 Jun 2014. There were at least 10 I noticed this on.

Please advise on how to stop this from happening. Many thanks.

Hi @Daan_Vreeswijk,

For the examples where an album switched from TIDAL to Qobuz as the primary version, is the Qobuz version of the album still in your library? Or is it not even in your library at all and needs to be re-added?

Hi @dylan, it disappears from the library as well.

Hi @Daan_Vreeswijk,

Thanks for confirming this, that helps to narrow things down. The way our syncing works with Qobuz is that we match your Qobuz favorites one to one, so if you add a favorite to Qobuz it is andded to your Roon library, and if you add an album to your Roon library it is added in Qobuz.

Since the album isn’t showing in your library at all there is likely either a problem with Roon adding the album to Qobuz, or something is happening in Qobuz to remove the album.

Moving forward, can you try to add an album once more to Roon and then verify whether or not it shows up in your Qobuz favorites via the Web Player or app?

Hi Dylan, many thanks for your reply.

I’m not adding a favourite to Qobuz, I’m just adding an album that’s available on Qobuz to my Library using Roon. Nothing is done outside of Roon. When adding an album to the Roon Library, it indeed appears in my Qobuz favourites.

Hi @Daan_Vreeswijk,

To clarify, when a Qobuz album is added to your library in Roon, this also adds it to your favorites in the Qobuz app. What I suggest we verify is that this is happening properly, because if it is not, the album could be removed during the next sync with Qobuz. If it is being added properly, then we need to focus on why the album is being removed from the Qobuz favorites list.

I hope that helps to clarify!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.