Qobuz breaks Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
@support
So I paid Qobuz $150 for a year of service and now whenever I try too play an item from Qobuz that I added to my library Roon stops working. This is completely unacceptable. What is going on? And I am going to be put into an endless series of log file uploads since of course support will try to blame everything on my setup, which works just fine until I added Qobuz.

The problem is not Roon or Qobuz. I’ve been using both with zero problems since Qobuz became available in Roon.

5 Likes

I’ve just switched from Tidal to Qobuz and it’s sending me 192/24 etc no problem.

1 Like

Not a single problem here either.

2 Likes

another post here maybe there is a local Qobuz issue somewhere?
Qobuz freezing in Roon

1 Like

If you reset your system: log out from Qobuz first, reset Roon, log into Qobuz again. Would that help?

Or change your password for Qobuz, if it happens to have a weird combination of chatacters that might cause a problem?

If you have another player, say Audirvana, do you see the same difficulties with Qobuz?

It‘s not much help if I say that I never ever had a problem with Qobuz/Roon.

1 Like

NO problem here either … I use both TIDAL & QUBOZ… I use N+ and I was not spared from the last week’s update issue… Everything is working normally now.

1 Like

And how do you know this. When Roon had major search issues after 1.6 everybody said the same well it works for me must be your network or your setup. Well it wasn’t it was Roon and after many posts with support and others having the same issues it got sorted. Just because it works for you and others doesnt mean the problem is not with in Roon. Sometimes these issues only show up in certain conditions as many never got the slow search issue. It might not be Roon but you can’t just assume it isnt There are a lot of users that have issues with Tidal and Qobuz but not via Roon. Roons implementation seems a little too fragile sometimes and it needs to be more robust as the competition seems to manage this much better.

4 Likes

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi @Jazzfan_NJ,

Are you still having issues with Qobuz? If so, can you please provide some more details regarding your setup using this thread as a guide?

Is there any change in behavior if you reboot the Core?
Does this issue impact all of your zones or just one in particular?

I am sorry to hear about your problems with Roon and Qobuz.

This is probably not what you want to hear, but I have been happily using both with no issues for nearly a year now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.