Qobuz catalog very limited for Alternative / Independent / Punk / Hardcore

Hi there!
Some of you are having trouble finding all the albums that you want to listen to on Qobuz USA. This is normal as we have only launched the BETA version and our catalogue is therefore temporarily limited. We will let you know immediately when Qobuz USA leaves its BETA version.

Concerning Soundiiz: track import is not 100% reliable, it is possible for a track to be in the Qobuz database but still not be importable due to a bad match. In such a case, missing titles will have to be searched for manually.

The Qobuz team

8 Likes

Hi there - thanx for the reply… I‘m in Germany and also missing tons of stuff, especially on the more independent/alternative side of things…

1 Like

I live in the Netherlands -> same here…

That’s good to know, thank you!

Qobuz Europe here - What I‘m not so sure about is, whether the Qobuz Catalogue is really more limited than Tidal or if maybe there are artists that Qobuz has and that don’t appear in Tidal, so say the same goes the other way around. I‘ll try finding stuff Tidal does not have on Qobuz… but right now I find some very important stuff missing - especially (as said) more independent/underground releases… or maybe Qobuz is just aiming at a different clientele that’s more mainstram orientated? That would be fine, but in this case just not my service then… right now I am having a hard time justifying the higher price Qobuz asks for 25-30% less music… or is the Catalogue still building in Europe aswell?

Hello, we’re not aiming for a more mainstream oriented clientele, we actually have got more than 40 millions tracks and that is increasing everyday. We make everything we can to have it all but it takes time :slight_smile:

1 Like

JHi - okay, thanks. That’s good to know. So the Catalogue is still building up in Europe aswell? I am really considering the change to Qobuz for the high res and great overall designe but especially in the punk and independent/alternative section there’s a lot missing right now. I listen to a really wide range of music and find this area could use a lot more devotion :blush:

Yes, the catalogue is still building up in Europe as well.
We agree on that too and working everyday to make it happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have used Qobuz from time to time since a couple of years here in Europe.

The playlists i built a year ago are no longer valid because there have been so many new albums in Qobuz since then.

Therefore i had to redo all my playlists to complete them with the new stuff - that’s really a good thing!

I’m curious to see how the catalog expands, and also how you handle covers.

Ingrid Michaelson only has two results, which as far as I can tell are covers performed by other people.

TIDAL has 6 of her albums, iTunes has 7.

Hi - there’s some real basic stuff missing like Legion 76, Booze&Glory (actually a very popular band at the time on tour with Dropkick Murphys), Lions Law (upcoming popular French act), Bishops Green, CRIM (one of the most popular Spanish punk acts at the moment) some basic Cock Sparrer and Agnostic Front… etc… lots of catching up to do in this field…

I’m concerned about their jazz catalog - at least the US beta. Loads of my favorite Tidal albums missing. I’ll wait until the beta wraps up but right now it’s Tidal hands down

Just finished a transfer of all my Tidal albums using Soundiiz. The (Tidal) source contains 609 albums. The ‘Qobuz result’ is 413. Very disappointing!
Although I prefer the Qobuz interface and the amount of high res albums I’ll stick to Tidal and do a same comparison within half a year or so…

When I signed up for the Qobuz Beta, they said not to evaluate their service based on the library since they were still in ‘beta’. They billed me last week for $25, but Qobuz is still in beta. Have they made any statement as to when we can expect the beta to be complete and the (US) library properly fleshed out?

My experience was the same in the UK. Anything very slightly off the mainstream and Qobuz wasn’t as good.

They are officially ‘on air’ in the US I heard. Other sources say it’s still in beta but every US citizen can sign in (and pay)
Send them an email?

They changed their statement when I asked on another forum. Said catelog didn’t have to do with current beta. Beta was still used because still planning updates to software.

Said catelog was continuous being updated and adding I believe over 14 million tracks from indie labels. So for the biggest update I’ve seen was from the Beggar’s group which includes Beggar’s Banquet, Rough Trade, 4AD, Matador. On their app you can search by labels. roon only shows albums you’ve already added if search by label.

I still see big holes compared to Tidal, so keeping that a little longer to sync libraries using Soundliz. Hoping to see other indie labels added over next few weeks.

2 Likes

If you’re into classical music rather than rock/pop, Qobuz is much, much better than Tidal. Tidal just doesn’t compare to Qobuz in this respect.
Personally, I subscribe to both. But if you’ve got an interest in one type of music rather than another, you may need/want to choose.
And also, Qobuz offers lossless High-Rez streaming if you subscribe to Sublime. Tidal does not.

I also tried to do a transfer again and further did a mutual search for the missing music… still 27% missing in Qobuz.

As long as you stay mainstream they are equal but other than that tons of music missing.

If I like an album and really need the high res version I’ll buy it from Qobuz, but for streaming Tidal has a much deeper catalog in excellent quality.

1 Like

Thought this was their strong section…