Qobuz comes to America

4 Likes

Firm dates set then. Letā€™s hope that coincides with Roon integration! And hopefully some sort of amnesty for the crowd who are streaming unofficially in the US.

Is there a roon integration confirmed? Brian hasnā€™t said anything

1 Like

Danny has said that Roon Labs and Qobuz are talkingā€¦

3 Likes

There is discussion so itā€™ll either happen or it wonā€™t and both sides will be able to state their position why.

thanks
good to know, that would be my preferred integration, hope all goes well

1 Like

We all doā€¦

2 Likes

I wonder if the (possible) integration of Qobuz will be the final nail in the coffin for Tidal. I can see quite a few people who are on the Hifi plan jumping ship. I think this is where Tidal gets a lot of itā€™s income from.

Edit : But then again Tidal have MQA so I guess that is the point of difference.

Kanye tweets and TIDAL gets more users in a day than Roon has total. They arenā€™t as dedicated of users, but do not underestimate the power of celebrity endorsement in a very large demographic.

So the answer is for Kanye to buy Roon :grimacing:
At least the office parties would be a lot of fun.

I dunno, I think this attempt at a celebrity endorsement didnā€™t work as they planned.

While Tidal is still around thereā€™s still hope of a bigger impact (and growth in subcriber numbers) I guess. So never say never.

Iā€™m a fan of all those artists by the way.

Maybe the title of this thread should be Qobuz is coming to America. The current title make it sound like itā€™s already here.

1 Like

Perhaps Qobuz is coming to America because it smells blood in the Tidal waters.

This forum is too much.:upside_down_face:

Tidal has Android Auto integrationā€¦

South Africa the poor relation as ever we only just got Tidal and Spotify

Mike

They previously announced they were coming to the US this summer, so Iā€™d take this with a grain of salt. Also, will they have servers or CDNs in North America or only in France/Europe? I subscribed a few years ago and had too much buffering in Canada and in Brazil. At that time servers were located only in France.

They have employed in the US and his job will be to sort all of that out.

1 Like

Oh, so they have a guy, lol. Not that it matters to me because Iā€™m a Canadian Roon user living in Brazil, but here is what Qobuz said in January. Deadline missed.
ā€œNEWS PROVIDED BY
Qobuz
Jan 03, 2018, 05:41 EST
SHARE THIS ARTICLE

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ ā€“ Qobuz, a European commercial online music streaming and downloading service, announced today its high-end system will be available in the United States beginning in mid-2018.

An alternative to Tidal, Either Qobuz or Deezer would be most welcome news! Roon folks please make it happen.

I certainly hope it happens. Roon canā€™t (shouldnā€™t?) be a Tidal only app. I realize there are issues to work out, but I signed on to Roon knowing Qobuz was planning a US rollout. Weā€™re counting on Roon to come through, on October 5th when Qobuz comes online at RMAF.

1 Like