Synology 218+ with attached SSD drive (128 mb) running core
Xfinity sFi, Roon core on 218+ connected to network switch via ethernet. Connection is high-speed at 150 mps minimum, 500 max. Windows 10 on ethernet. Audio components on ethernet. Roon version 1.8 on 218+ server and on Windows 10 remote.
- Windows 10 machine via ethernet
- Yamaha RX A2050, ethernet
- Denon AVR650H, ethernet
- 2 and/or 3 via Oppo 203, ethernet
- iPhone SE
Everything worked fine until a couple of weeks ago.
- Qobuz streams fine via native app on Windows 10 or iPhone
- Qobuz through Roon finds and displays all Qobuz albums, but will not play any of them. It sticks on 0:00. This happens whether I’m using the Windows 10 app or the iPhone app, and it doesn’t matter if I try to play via airplay on the Yamaha or Denon, or via the Oppo 203.
- Roon will play just fine from my ripped DVD collection that resides on the 218+
- I’ve tried restarting Roon. I’ve tried removing Roon and reinstalling it. Same issue.
- I’ve also tried installing Roon core on my Windows 10 machine, deauthorized the 218+ core, etc. In that case Roon works fine and Qobuz works fine. But for various reasons, I’d rather not run the Core off an old Windows 10 machine if I can at all help it. So the problem seems to lie in the Roon Core or on the Synology 218+, and I have no clue what to try next.