Qobuz drops out occasionally with high res files (usually 24/192)

Norris,
Can still access UI only by going to 192.168.1.33. Everything looks normal.

Just can’t get anything beyond this. Not sure what I did wrong. Can’t access Roon files on windows explorer via network.
Thanks.
Mike Gormley

Hi @Michael_Gormley,

Thanks for the screenshot, it does look normal.

If you drop the 192.168.1.33 IP address into the address bar on Windows Explorer, are you able to access the internal contents that way?

Are you stuck on the “Searching for Core” screen after setting the old database aside? Have you click on the “Choose a different Core” button? I would click on that button and see if the Nucleus then pops up.

Norris,
If I type 192.168.1.33 into the explorer network window, I just get the UI window that I sent a screenshot of.
I will try the “Choose a different core” option. Was scared of it because of threat of using music files. Will see what happens. Thanks.
You work a lot! Hope you get tomorrow off!
Mike Gormley

1 Like

I final stumbling block (I hope). When I chose a different core, Nucleus was there, but I have to give address for music files. This was hell before and I forgot to write down the address that worked. Here is a screen shot from Synology file:

How do I do that screen to identify the location of the file? Format is tricky. Thanks, Mike Gormley

Got my Synology drive music files back. Everything is back and I’ll see how it works, but I am not changing anything for a couple days! Norris, thanks for all your help and hope you get to have tomorrow off!

2 Likes

Hi @Michael_Gormley,

Thanks for the updates here and your kind words!
Do let me know if the issues appear to be resolved following the re-configuration of your Core.

Norris,
So far with a couple days of streaming the drop-outs have not occurred since the core data was re-done. Not sure what this does, but it seems to be working so far. Data must have become corrupted?? The glitches in Roon Radio has also been cured. Thanks for all what you and everyone else at Roon do! Making it easier to cope with these times!
Mike Gormley

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Gormley,

Glad to hear the new database is operating as expected! It sounds like this was a database issue, I didn’t see any signs of database corruption in logs when I looked at them, but since the new database is working as expected it is possible that something in the old database was preventing the Nucleus from working properly.

Either case, it seems like the fresh database has resolved this issue, so I will go ahead and mark this thread as [Solved]. If you experience any further issues, please do feel free to reach out to us again, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.