Qobuz 'Favorite Albums' not showing in Roon 1.7

Hi @Tim_Chapman,

Can you confirm if you have any backups of your Roon database or if you haven’t made many edits? I wonder if reinstalling Roon in this case will help with the issue. If the install doesn’t help, we can take a closer look at the DNS servers aspect.

Tried reinstalling- issue remains.

So - can we take’a closer look at the DNS servers aspect’ please?

Hi @Tim_Chapman,

Thanks for trying the reinstall. To change your Windows DNS servers, you can use these instructions:

I would suggest setting a dns of 1.1.1.1 as the primary and 9.9.9.9 as the alternate. Can you give that a try and let me know if it helps?

Thank you for the suggestion.

This does not solve the problem.

Hi @Tim_Chapman,

Sorry to hear DNS didn’t help. Next, let’s try clearing the TIDAL/Qobuz cache:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Noris - :slight_smile:

Thank you - that worked and I can apply that solution in the future if I hit this problem again.

Many thanks.

Spoke too soon.

Worked for a bout 2 or three visits to that section, but Roon is now exhibiting exactly the same issue.

Hi @Tim_Chapman,

Sorry to hear that clearing the cache didn’t solve this issue permanently. The next step here would be to take a look at diagnostics when this issue occurs, but before we do this, can you please reproduce this issue and note the exact local time + date when you see it occur (e.g. 12:16PM on 1/10/20) and let me know this info?

Occurs all the time, but here you go:

12:22 (24 hour clock)
11/01/20

See attached screen dump for exacting wording of error message.

Hi @Tim_Chapman,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot.

I have enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a set of log to our servers for analysis. Once these logs are received, I will add them to the review queue.

While analysis is occurring on our end, can you please provide an additional piece of info here to better understand this issue? How many album favorites do you have in Qobuz?

Thank you.

Well, that might be the issue as I have over 3000.

Sounds like the same problem as I am having reported here Tidal - "error loading page" - always “synching library now”

After upgrading to 1.7 Roon is unusable for me and since I play all my music from streaming services. Looks like Roon have some serious problems and it takes very long time for for the team to identify the issue and so far no findings are reported.

I would not say that, Johan.
The odd thing is that ALL of my Qobuz favourites can be accessed from the main area (‘overview…all albums’) and Roon is having no problems plating the Qobuz favourites.
My issue is that these favourites are struggling to show up within the Qobuz section of the Roon application - it is only a cosmetic issue.
I have found Roon technicians to be very responsive and they always deal with my specific issues promptly (as can be seen by Noris’s responses above.)
I have tried many alternatives but always come back to Roon - an excellent application and mutli-room service.

Hi @Tim_Chapman,

I took a look through your diagnostics and I’m not noticing any specific signs as to why this behavior is occurring. As a follow-up step, I suggest that we set the old database aside and verify if this occurs with a fresh database. Can I please ask you to perform the below instructions?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” or “RoonServer” depending on your install type
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old” or “RoonServer” to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the same issue occurs on a fresh database without restoring the old backup

I’ll do this tomorrow.

had shifted back to a ROCK (well MOCK!) core setup and this made no difference, but will try your suggestion on this setup.

Thanks Noris.

1 Like

OK Noris… I restarted/refreshed the RoonServer folder on my server. Fresh folder.

I also completely uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows 10 app to make certain that nothing was happening here.

Sorry to say, but the problem remains.

Interestingly I have found the following:

1. All Qobuz favourites (added to library) albums were brought into my library
  2. I have 4013 albums indicated on the Overview page but 3923 albums indicated on the ‘Albums’ page
  3. On the Qobuz section of the Roon desktop app, Roon manages to show (consistently) only the 30 latest albums in the ‘Qobuz favourite albums’ section. The ‘whirling circular arrow’ did look as though it was working hard, but it really isn’t!
  4. On trying to refresh the page, I get the ‘you don’t have any favorite albums’ statement AND the network error message.

I can only conclude that we have a localised (UK?) issue in the Qobuz update routine related ONLY to the Qobuz section of the desktop App. Communication is taking place when pulling in albums for the library, but it fails to take place when updating the Qobuz favorite albums section of the Roon desktop app.

It is NOT an issue with the server app.

Hi @Tim_Chapman,

Thanks for testing the fresh server. I’ve followed up via private message for next steps.

Ditto. Been happening for a while, so much so that favorite albums, within the Qobuz section of Roon, don’t show up at all or come up short.
I did get Roon to investigate it, but they could not replicate the issue from their end (even using my Qobuz account). Must be some sort of UK net issue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.