Qobuz favourite does not appear in Roon

I have just favourited this album in Qobuz. It is a new release.

It does not appear in the Favorite Albums tab of My Qobuz in Roon. I have refreshed this tab several times, to no avail.

If it’s a new release, it might not be in Roon’s database yet? Should be there in a couple days.

If that is the case, why isn’t it in Roon’s database, and why might it take a couple of days more to get there? I look forward to a definitive answer from @support themselves.

Here’s your official answer:

Why aren’t the latest albums on Qobuz available in Roon?

When you’re browsing Qobuz in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s Qobuz database, not a direct pass-through of what’s shown on Qobuz – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.
This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind Qobuz when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated multiple times per week, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff and will show up in a day or two.

source:

This would depend on how ‘new’ this release is. If it was just added to Qobuz a couple days ago or longer. If it’s longer, then it might be a different issue.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. It isn’t acceptable to me to have to wait “a day or two”. This also means that the “New Releases” tab of Qobuz inside Roon is not true.

It is annoying, I agree. For some new releases Qobuz provide the dB dumps (the thing that Roon needs to create its database) in advance of the release. Below is an album that isn’t released until 25th February 2022, but Roon was able to create the database entry for it following Qobuz’s “dump” some time after 2nd November.

Other albums aren’t given in advance and so aren’t available on the day of release. It might not be acceptable but, as with most things streaming related, it’s not always the “fault” of Roon.

No one has to agree completely with a program. But everyone has the right to program something better or to look for alternatives. I too have done so and am now here with pleasure.

Surely, even with this jewel, there are further possibilities for improvement. But the development will not only be directed by Jez or Uwe but by the function requests and hints of the whole community.

Make a function request: Please always everything immediately…and give hints how to realize it.

Hi @Jez . Please would you try now?

1 Like

@joel Sorted! Thank you! (It’s now third in my Qobuz favourites, as I have favorited other albums since.)

And it also appears in the Qobuz New Releases tab

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.