QOBUZ feedback thread

I started with Qobuz & Roon together. Tech from Roon and music from Qobuz. Only remark i have is when i roam through Toutube in all kinds of so called ‘high-end play lists’ i often times cannot find the tracks on Qobuz after Shazamming it.
Besides this I’m very happy!!!

Hi All, nice to meet you.

I’ll try to help you by answering your questionsIn the meantime I wish you a good listening with Roon. about Qobuz.

In the meantime I wish you a good listening with Roon.

8 Likes

Hello @David_Craff and welcome to the Roon Community! We’re delighted to have you!

2 Likes

Hi,

There is nothing to do here. Artists are free to change their supplier, label and also to decide with whom they want to be present. That’s why there is some unavailable content in the Qobuz catalog and on other platform too.

Regards

4 Likes

Hi,

I think this album as just move to another label or supplier. The content is the same but the universel ID change.

Regards

2 Likes

I understand that. The issue is that if there is no warning or other mitigation then unnecessary playability consequences occur.

For example, I notice that a favorited album on Qobuz can be withdrawn without warning by an artist in favor of a different release. The new release may differ only in resolution or it may have additional tracks, bonus disks or a different playing order etc. This means the original release will now be unavailable and unpayable on a playlist for example.

I know that you have said you will not comment on roon integration but a consequence is that roon will simply stop playing if there are too many “availability” errors. This is annoying when listening solo but it is more than annoying when listening socially. A crude fix would be a warning by messaging or other means that a favorited album and/or track is no longer available so that an alternative could be manually favorited. It would be better of course if there was an automated way of substituting an “available” release for an “unavailable” release.

2 Likes

Actually we have a automatic background work to replace a no more available favorite track for a new one (same track in another album). We have this in the playlist too. But not yet in the favorite albums.

5 Likes

Ok. That’s definitely in the right direction. Is there development work on favorited albums?

Not plan yet but we recently add the global id, to display only on album when we have different version (same tracklist) This can help to replace unavailable favorite.

Ok. I don’t understand what that means. Where can I see the global id? Or do you have a screenshot so I know what to look for.

You can’t see it but when we received for the same album, a version for CD quality, one for HiRes for example, we display only the hires version now.

Is that Global Id something that you could in principle pass onto roon with the other meta data?

So for example, when roon finds an album is “unavailable” it could query for an “available” equivalent instead of stopping playing. I understand there would be much more involved from roon’s side that you do not need to comment on but that would be the principle.

This is not yet available but we can look with Roon to give them. The first thing to do is to display only on album from the same “cluster”. But maybe Roon can use it in a different way.

3 Likes

Ok. Good to know.

I like Qobuz integration with roon but find the Qobuz iOS app needs some improvements.

1. This was already mentioned, needs better artist page with albums, ep/singles, complications, live albums separated. Also sort by year would be very helpful. Most other apps already do this

2. More personalization. More than one “for you” playlists. Alarms when new albums by artist you like. Personalized album recommendations.

3. Keep up on filling the missing album gaps. Getting closer to the other steaming services now.

Last thing, couldn’t find it anywhere but do you have an album favorite limit? I know Tidal is 10,000, Deezer is only 2000, and Spotify is unlimited.

1 Like

@David_Craff - really pleased that you’re on board. I’ve used Qobuz for a couple of years and it’s been great. Recently I’ve started purchasing downloads (taking advantage of a Sublime membership). Looking forwards I’m going to a local library only set up, still purchasing downloads of new material. I have a question, hope you don’t mind.

In terms of purchases, Qobuz offers a Hi-Res version (when available) and a CD version. When both are available, is it always the case that both have been supplied by the label, or do you use your own software to create a 44.1/16 version of the hi-res files?

This is something I’ve bothered David with for a long time :slight_smile: and it’s nearly ready to be rolled out. I have personally seen the new artist page layout and you will like it.

This is also something David said they are working on. He will correct me if my memory is hazy.

As for the library limit, I do not believe Qobuz have one. David will probably correct me if I am wrong.

This is all good news. Originally I was not concerned about the Qobuz app itself because thought roon was going to come out with a mobile solution away from home, but there hasn’t been any further discussion on this. So Qobuz filling some of these gaps is a nice welcome.

Is there any talk of coming out with a true Connect feature like Spotify? I have a Naim HE and Chromecast works but not above 96k and is not gapless. The Naim built in Qobuz doesn’t compare to Qobuz app and especially not roon.

They are working on this too :slight_smile: No ETA sadly.

I should also state that I do not work for Qobuz so we can avoid any confusion. I am merely someone who loves and supports their service and pays a monthly sub :slight_smile:

I have a Qobuz Studio Premier membership which doesn’t allow downloads and you may be able to answer a question for me. Recently, the entire catalog of New York Trio became unavailable (except for one album) for streaming and I was wondering if their albums are still listed for purchase with a Sublime membership, or have those disappeared too?