QOBUZ feedback thread

That is assuming Qobuz provides it. Would be good to understand where the ownership lies because as you say, if Qobuz are providing it then Roon is at fault here.

The other thing to note is that other services handle this better. Apple Music, Spotify and from my experience, Tidal, all handle it just fine. Sole exception being when the label or artist actually removes it from services.

Dealing with the root cause is fixing the way Qobuz handles this. Providing the unavailable flag to roon is, imo, just a workaround. We would still then have to delete the album and get the new one, losing all tags, edits etc.

I don’t know what the status is. Integration where two or more parties must coordinate is always difficult so I am not holding my breath.

My main issue is background listening in a social situation where a queue of albums will regularly fail (after 4 tries). So I just shuffle or use playlists of non-continuous (album) tracks. Thanks for the tip about Apple. I always forget I have a subscription.

Maybe @danny can help us understand this better?

2 Likes

Hi,
@ David_Craff
Is it possible for dynamic range data to be included?
Many thanks.

Just wondering, why has this thread not been used since Nov’22? I’ve just found it and its full of great interaction with Qobuz representative :blush: Has it been moved to another thread maybe? The dialogue on AudiophileStyle with David is very interesting but here it seems to have petered out?

@David_Craff last visited the Roon Community forum in September 2022…

I buy my albums from Qobuz whilst I was just adding a fire few to my library. Then I went to play one such album and it was no longer available.

This means it is an untrustworthy way to listen to music I like. I have the sublime sub so buying is cheap, mostly.

Just wondered what others thought about this. From the beginning when I realized I could ‘add to library’ I worried about what would happen in the event of Qobuz dumped it. Now I know!

I think the meaning of buying albums from Qobuz is owning them and play them outside the Qobuz inviroment. So put them on a hard drive of your own. If you look in the Qobuz app under “purchases “ the albums will mostlikely be there and should be able to download

2 Likes