Qobuz gapless playback gone [Improvements released with Roon build 1202]

I have the same problem: gapless playback on Qobuz used to work fine but stopped working some time recently. Hope it’s going to be fixed soon?

No problem with streaming Qobuz via the Auralic app, or with local files via Roon.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, or should I say fortunately, I don’t have problems streaming with any app other than Roon! Which is par for the course.

@support could you please answer and take a look at this?

4 Likes

Same problem with Qobuz ! I have an iMac Retina. Thanks @support for your answer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same Problem here

2 Likes

@support, anybody there?

5 Likes

Hey Everyone,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

I wanted to let everyone know that we’re actively investigating delays in gapless playback. I don’t have any immediate next steps outside of power cycling your core (leave it unplugged for a few minutes) and refreshing your Qobuz service settings in Roon.

I will keep everyone updated as new information is discovered. Thank you for your patience in the meantime :pray:

6 Likes

OK thanks for your answer :blush:

I can tell you unequivocally that rebooting the core is not a temporary or permanent solution to this issue.

3 Likes

Hi All

I too noticed a wee issue with gapless playback. I applied a 50ms buffer to my endpoints and this has helped in my case.

Tidal and Qobuz gapless for me

1 Like

I don’t have an option for Buffer Size.
Is that a device specific option?

1 Like

I only have it for my RPi with Ropieee and my Core. My Sonos Fives and my phone’s don’t have it.

1 Like

Power cycling the core helped for about an hour, after that the problem reappeared.

1 Like

The issue is intermittent. That could have been coincidental.

Latest update has not repaired this. Massively frustrating and disappointing.

2 Likes

Frustrating. This is worthy of a patch release. We really shouldn’t have to wait for the regular release cycle as this is a major step back for Roon. I just upgraded to a lifetime subscription and I would not have done it had this been a problem at the time. :rage:

Nothing that roon said indicates they even know what the issue is never mind that they have decided when it would be released.

“I wanted to let everyone know that we’re actively investigating delays in gapless playback.”

2 Likes

It’s kinda strange, playing an album now (John Digweed) and started with gaps, then it went gapless after some tracks…

Yep. It’s intermittent and infuriating. JazzusInterruptus

1 Like

Had the same experience last night on another Qobuz album. :confounded:

2 Likes