Qobuz high resolution files playing as FLAC 44.1/16bit since Roon 1.7 upgrade

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
TEXT GOES HERE Roon 1.7 Build 511 on a MacMini i7 running OS 10.13.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE MacMini connected to same D-link Ethernet switch as LUMIN U1 mini
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE LUMIN in turn sends signal to Ayre QB9 Twenty DAC vis USB.

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE Ever since the last Roon Core software update, Qobuz high resolution files are playing as FLAC 44.1 16-bit files, not in high resolution. I have no problem playing these exact same high resolution files when I use the LUMIN app. Nor do I have any problem playing high resolution files that are on the MacMini’s external hard drive. I’ve looked at the settings for the LUMIN U1 mini in Roon and see nothing that would preclude playing high resolution files. Please advise of the possible ways to resolve this problem.

Had the same issue. Check your roon settings, services, Qobuz settings. There’s a new setting for max resolution.

I

Thanks for the advice. It worked after I logged out of Qobuz and logged back in. When I first checking the Qobuz settings it only offered a max resolution of 44.1/16. When I logged out and back in the menu options changed to go up to 192/24. I appreciate your help and hopefully others with this problem will find this thread.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.