Qobuz in Canada

I am still not able to long onto Qobuz via Roon; I am logged in on my computer, but unable to change the password there to try to fix it. When I try to change the password, I’m told there is no account associated with my email address [though I’m logged in at that address]

I get the birthday error too. Chrome and Firefox.
So I used Facebook, but Roon can’t use Facebook to sign into Qobuz

Update - went into account settings on Qobuz and changed my email and password, so now Roon can sign in.

Hi @jamie I am a Roon subscriber in Canada and believe I am opted in on emails but haven’t received this offer. I’d love to try it out if you can send me the link. Thanks! Jeremy

Hey @Jeremy_Greenwood, please check to make sure that Roon is in your email contacts list, then check your trash or spam folders. It looks like you should have received it. If not, please send me a PM here on Community, and I’ll see what I can do.

For those who had issues entering your birthday and postal code information successfully, please reach out to Qobuz to let them know you encountered problems with the form on the landing page. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Jamie

I thought I was in for Marketing Emails but not sure

I didn’t receive this offer either

Hey everyone, I have a follow-up on the bit-depth/sampling resolution display inconsistencies you’ve reported. We’ve identified the cause, and we’re working with Qobuz to resolve the issue.

It’s could take several days for the correct details to display. We apologize for the inconvenience there. The good news is that the HiRes content is available to play now, even though it’s not identified as such.

For a temporary workaround, until this is corrected, HiRes content is generally listed first in Roon when multiple album versions are available. See below:

Select the topmost album, then open the signal path while playing the album to check the stream resolution details.

Thank you all for your patience. We’ll get this patched up as quickly as we can :pray:t3:

7 Likes

Terrific News Jamie. Thanks for the update!

1 Like

@jamie Up and running now. Many thanks, I’m excited to try Qobuz. I also have the resolution display issue, so thanks also for figuring out a fix! Great service! :grinning:

1 Like

Have you looked at my issue of not being able to log in to Qobuz via Roon?

Problem solved @jamie

2 Likes

@jamie Hi Jamie. I did not receive an email with Qubuz notice either. I usually get all promotional emails, including the latest one from Monday introducing Fluency.

Already checked junk mail folder as well.

Thanks.

This is going to be interesting. I’ve been using Tidal for a few years and generally have been happy with the sound quality. Playing Master / MQA files meant I was not obtaining the 2nd unfold as the DAC in my main sound system doesn’t support MQA. My headphone DAC handles MQA but of course this is a different listening experience.

Anyway, feeding the main sound system high resolution files via Qobuzz will be enjoyable. It’ll be fun to compare. I also like that the service won’t be pushing so much HipHop in my direction. Additionally I think Qobuzz is better value for my hard earned money, especially with the annual subscription. Correct me if I’m wrong, but high res via Tidal is available only via its HiFi Plus subscription which is double the cost of its Premium CD quality.

I also know there’s much controversy surrounding MQA, so it’ll be nice not to have to deal with it in my system.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Qobuz is sounding mighty fine on my system. Welcome to Canada, and as for Tidal - so long and thanks for all the fish…. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Signed up for the 60 trial last night and only had time for some quick A/B tests. One test was just FLAC from Tidal and Qobuz, and the sound was different, even though both were showing the same product number. Same settings in Roon and HQPlayer. Huh? One track I know well (Here But I’m Gone - Vanessa Fernandez’s Use Me), the vocals were VERY different. I went back&forth several times to make sure. Is there another thread somewhere that discusses that? Need more time to determine if “different” is better or worse. Should be bit-for-bit identical, no?

If Tidal and Qobuz received different masters they don’t have to be identical

Plus of course the Tidal MQA stuff, I don’t know if your comparison tracks were MQA

@jamie - I also didn’t receive the 2 month trial offer from Roon. How can I ensure that I get it please?

Same here, didn’t received the trial offer. Although I signed up for the non-Roon trial so I’m not sure if I can even take advantage.

Product number is the same. Both versions are 44/16 (noMQA). Qobuz version doesn’t have a catalog number, but I would expect that to be the same. Wouldn’t something have to be different if they were different masters? I just checked RökFlöte, and the Tidal and Qobuz product numbers are different; Tidal has 2 versions (44/16 and MQA) and both have different product and catalog numbers.

Hi Jamie - I also did not receive the email offer, even though I too received the email about Fluency, etc. Thanks for checking into this.

Yes, but the music data, not necessarily the superficial numbers.

There also has to be something different in the first place for them to sound different