Qobuz integration in Roon?

Can’t wait untill the integration is ready. Don’t like Tidal. I always check the Qobuz suggestions. Inspires me to listen to new music. Then I play it in Roon with Tidal. Would like to pay to the company who’s doing te great work.

1 Like

Qobuz looks very interesting but I’ve been thumbing through their library and they are missing tons of indie and electronics artists .
I wonder if that will change when they hit the states

Exact opposite here - I’m afraid they’ll drop a lot of European classical labels because of restrictions here in the States :sleepy:

This is great news as it offers more choice to the consumer and Roon is liberated from a single supplier model. I’m a Brit who will always consider myself European so I can’t wait to cancel Tidal and subscribe to Qobuz.

Regarding the catalog there is plenty of room for improvement. The problem ist not only related to Indie or electronic music. Anyway, I like Qobuz so far and will go for a subscription as soon as Roon integration is done.

It offers redundancy. In terms of choice it would be interesting to see if it actually offers many more titles!

If this is correct Qobuz has fewer tracks than Tidal.

No doubt it depends on taste but 50 million should be plenty for anyone :grinning:

Also I think you will find Qobuz significantly more expensive for hires streaming whereas with Tidal you get MQA unfolded in Roon to 88/96 res for no additional cost. I hope that won’t encourage Tidal to increase their cost structure for hires files.

Based on my artist search ,Qobuz has a lot fewer tracks than Tidal.

1 Like

Yep main reason I am not interested in it. If you like Jazz and Classical its a no brainer but for more left-field music Tidal beats it hands down.

2 Likes

It’s missing tons of jazz artists too , particularly newer artists .

Listening to Qobuz - new version popped up. Still doesn’t play thru the Bridge II, but it does recognize it.
On the possibility of Roon / Qobuz, I’d love it, because a) Qobuz playlists are limited to 1000 tracks, and b) the Qobuz app doesn’t play my locally-owned albums, and c) Audirvana is buggier than an anthill.

Went 4 a Qobuz trial and transferred my playlist - missing about 30% and I found no advantage in SQ… ontop it’s more expensive… no use 4 me here unless the catalog is updated radically and price reduced at the same time…

1 Like

I did a transfer using Soundiz from Tidal to Qobuz . Many of my playlists, including jazz , had less than 50% of the tracks found on Qobuz. Based on this alone I’m not interested unless a major library update is done .

I dont use playlists very much but the ones that I got on Tidal (80’s and 90’s) were converted to Qobuz, for 92-95%. This is only interesting if someone could test it the other way around, i guess.

1 Like

Because of Roon I started a year ago to subscribe Tidal in addition to Qobuz. I had the same experience in opposite direction using Soundiiz to transfer my playlists from Qobuz to Tidal. About 30% were not recognized, another 20% were not the original but some other interpretation of the song e.g. an instrumental version… I think we have to blame the labels that there is no universal coding available for Soundiiz to identify the right version or to find it. With manual search and replacement I could reconstruct almost all playlists to at least 95%. So the offer is not that much different, but the transfer of playlists between providers is.

2 Likes

Why can’t they have the serial number of the release from the label in the files for easy identification. Seems crazy this is not happening in this modern age of digital distribution.

For the simple reason that the labels can’t get their shit together. I’ve done some work for one of the industry bodies in relation to rights management, and believe me, it’s a complete and utter mess and a mangle of egos and politic. I’ve never seen an industry as misaligned, fragmented and fraught with conflicts of interest as this one.

9 Likes

Films not much better believe me.

All industries look great from the outside. If I took to heart seeing what is inside companies after working as an IT infrastructure consultant for many years I would have to go live in the woods.

4 Likes

Honestly, with any industry that has a lot of legacy data and / or platforms and multiple major players, trying to coordinate activity is like herding cats.

1 Like