Qobuz integration in Roon?

Audirvana (Mac and now Windows) can play direct to the ultraRendu in DLNA/UPnP mode.

mConnect Player and Bubble UPnP should work on iOS and Android.

Although I have a few beers in me (Leaan Follain, what else)

I can’t seem to get mo connect to see ultraRendu.

So I have moconnect signed into Qobuz on iPad.
Downloaded MPD DNLA client on ultraRendu and made this the active app.
mconnect alas does not seem to see this.

Please free me form my stupidity!

.sjb

1 Like

Ha did you get mConnect Player John? Or just mConnect control.

Check you have the “Player” version - that’s the UPnP version.

Nailed it first time Seán, I had downloaded the “control”.

Cúpla ceist if as Phil Lynnot asked “if you have any Irish in you” but even if you don’t a few questions.

Can you get mconnect to play hires? Currently (after following your advice) I’m using the light version but it seems the HD version might be what I want but from the blurb in the app store I’m not sure if this just gives portrait mode in an iPad or access to hires in Qobuz?

Many thanks,

.sjb

1 Like

Hi John, all versions only support CD quality via UPnP (at the moment anyway).

1 Like

Got an Android device? Via the BubbleUPnP app you should be able to stream hi-res Qobuz to your Rendu.

I say should - haven’t tested myself.

Btw you’re doing awfully well after a few beers… :grin:

Also I don’t mean to brag - but I’m playing Qobuz, up to 24/192 from Audirvana Remote app on iPhone to HQP Embedded (Embedded serves as the UPnP renderer/endpoint) :grin:

Obviously looking forward to Roon integration though.

Doing quite well with a few beers really indeed!

With mconnect HD if you choose browser and settings you get this option to choose format

Outside of Roon (at the moment] but well worth €6.99.

The question is now do I have another pint or head to bed?

.sjb

1 Like

Nice! Does your DAC actually show 24/96 on it’s display with that album? Qobuz need to update their mConnect Player web page (I linked above) if that’s the case.

The cool thing about HQP Embedded though is you leave the Rendu in NAA mode - mConnect app sees HQP directly as it’s ‘endpoint’. So your Qobuz streams get the full HQP treatment. Obviously will be the same when Roon integrates Qobuz though.

It’s a great album. Have another pint mate and see it through to the end :grin:

1 Like

Ah yes, even in my non-HD version of mConnect player, I didn’t realise you could go into the Qobuz settings and select up to 24/192 over WiFI.

Nice! So Qobuz need to update their mConnect page.

So I’m in the USA and able to stream Qobuz high-res via the OSX app.

Sounds great!

1 Like

How so? I can’t get it to work.

Thanks for the code!
It also got me 3 months free trial for high res streaming. It works great on BluOs.
Now how to easily sync favorites between tidal and Qobuz. Does anyone have any idea?

2 Likes

Try Soundiz (paid version: 5$)

1 Like

Ah the joy of having digital booklets available!! Many album reviews and bios are even in Dutch.
High res streaming sounds excellent…
@Julio thanks for the soundiiz hint! Most of my tidal albums were transferred.
I can’t wait for the integration in roon. I’ll be ditching Tidal the moment it happens

2 Likes

Playing in 24/96 from my Android phone to Chromecast Audio, then onto my DAC, thanks to the CEDIA2018 code.

Good to see they have ECM Jazz in hi-res.

1 Like

Is Qobuz working in the US now? It’s telling me not available on the web?

I decided to try the CEDIA-Code after doing some purchases in the past via qobuz. Thanks for sharing. I was able to upgrade my existing account.

DLNA from my windows laptop to my AV receiver doesn’t work, may be user error, though, I didn’t use DLNA since I signed up for roon. I’ll try with a chromecast audio later on.

Using soundiz to import some of my tidal playlists, I found out that some tracks are missing in qobuz. The service looks promising nevertheless, the desktop app is really nice (no match for roon but miles ahead of tidal). Hopefully, qobuz will be able to further upgrade their catalogue in the future.

Works for me, with the cedia code. I wasn’t asked for my address or anything.

Not yet. Folks are using VPN to make it work.