Qobuz integration in Roon?

I thought the timeline is around the end of Oct for Qobuz to be released in the US and have roon integration out of the gate.

I’m currently using the free trial in the US and have no plans to switch fromTidal if Qobuz’s library isn’t dramatically improved at official launch.

1 Like

I wasn’t talking about Roon integration, just the U.S. release of Qobuz. I understand it was scheduled for release at RMAF but is now delayed.

It was scheduled for June at one stage. It has slipped back more than once.

This article placed it at end of Oct.

1 Like

Hmmm now finding quite a few albums that dont have the sublime discount so full price. So not all at reduced prices.

I have a Europe based subscription to Qobuz, but as of last night, within the IOS app I am being offered US$ subscription deals so assume they have launched officially in the US.

Perhaps it’s a soft launch… don’t see it on web page yet though

1 Like

Spotify won’t integrate for the sole reason that they don’t want to commoditize their catalog. With x number of streaming services offering roughly the same content through the same user interface (such as Roon), their only competition point would be pricing. Hence Spotify prefers to keep their users in their own clients/ui’s

Don’t see it on their Web site, either. You’d think they would want to publicize a launch.

New offer in Belgium… studio. High res streaming only

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! Same offer here in Switzerland as well. But still soo much more expensive than the US counterpart :confused:

Still a yearly plan is about the same price as Tidal… a better deal then before with sublime and sublime+

true!

At the moment I only play local files in Roon, streaming is done via BluOS App and Qobuz (with the free code until December 2018). After that hopefully Qobuz is nicely integratet in Roon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry if this has been answered already. It probably has, but I tried searching and went through all kinds of threads for over an hour. There was tons more info I did not read and did not have time to, so I decided to check here.

I read somewhere that Qobuz and Roon integration is expected to happen this fall. Is that true? Are there any plans for Qobuz / Roon integration? I am doing a trial of Qobuz and like the sound quality and their catalog better than Tidal. Planning to build a streaming server and would rather stick with Roon if integration would be available soon. But I would switch to other software if it is not available… Obviously I need to make a decision on the software before I order hardware, so wanted the check what Roon’s plans are.

Thank you!

it’s true.

There is no official information, but all signs seem to point to a Qobuz/Roon integration coming very roughly around the time of the US Qobuz launch (sometime between now and the end of 2018).

I asked the Qobuz folks about this at RMAF in Denver this past weekend, and they said they wouldn’t tell me anything having to do with Roon. As to launch date, they say they’re in beta and launching in the US when it’s ready, sometime between now and the end of the year. (I have tried out a demo account, and it’s pretty great.)

there is official info.

1 Like

where might that be?

"According to Dan Mackta, managing director Qobuz USA, the service will offer Roon integration by the end of the year. "

Qobuz was supposed to officially launch in USA this past weekend, at RMAF. What happened?

2 Likes

Going back to April it was due to be in the summer…I guess it will be here when it is here.