Qobuz login fails

I have a Asus NUC i5 3 gen. Latest Roon version, hardwired from router. Playing music from a NAS located in another room and Tidal. Just signed on for a free month of Qobuz, installed the web player on my core machine and logged in. No problems.
But when I go to services in settings and try to log in to Qobuz I get “ bad username or password”. Tried closing Qobuz web player and tried again. But no.
What’s wrong?

1 Like

Hi @bigj,

Any change if you reboot the NUC?

Just tried! No.

What happens if you reset your password thru Qobuz?

In my experience, one can take this message for what it is. -

1 Like

Hi @bigj,

Thanks for giving the reboot a try. As Slim suggested, any change if you update your Qobuz password and try again?

Thanks. Gonna try it tomorrow.

1 Like

So I changed my password using the web player. Headed to Roon and logged in to Qobuz with success. But, playing Qobuz music through Roon doesn’t wont work. I get “ unable to play , check your Qobuz account and try again”. I should mention that I live in Sweden, using a VPN to the US. Maybe it’s just not worth the hassle… I’m just curious about sound differences compared to Tidal.

Also. Not able to play music through Qobuz web player either. If keep pressing play I get a 30 second snippet in 320 mbps.

Hi @bigj,

That makes sense then — It looks like you don’t have streaming rights / an active subscription with this account which is why you cannot connect with Roon or play music on the web player. Can you try reaching out to Qobuz and have them take a look at your account? Once you’re up and running there and able to play tracks in full you should be able to connect with Roon, but let us know if you see otherwise!

But I am connected to Qobuz in Roon. It’s very integrated in all aspects of Roon. Except for actually playing their versions.

Hi @bigj,

Apologies for the miscommunication there — Since you can only play 30 second clips on the Qobuz web player, you won’t be able to play content in Roon. Roon does not do 30 second previews like the webplayer — If you don’t have full streaming permissions, Roon will not play content and will give the Check your Qobuz account message. Once you have streaming rights for your Qobuz account you should be able to stream from Roon with no issue.

A post was split to a new topic: Issues with Qobuz trial login

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.