Qobuz media is loading slowly for ELAC Z3

My ELAC Z3 Discovery Roon enabled speaker is in my kitchen. Lately, it plays the first few seconds of a track and gives an error that Qobuz Media is loading slowly and skips to the next track, and on and on. If I go to my main stereo, the same CD plays flawlessly.

How should I try to solve this problem? The Z3 is hardwired to a Linksys Velop node. Is the problem with the Linksys or the streaming from the Roon core?

“normally” that is a symptom of network issues.
Shall I move this to support?

Yes, I thought I had created it in Support. Sorry.

Moved, would probably be best if you add in more set up information.

Hi @Lawrence_Kellogg,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is the behavior the same if you connect the Z3 to the primary router as a test?

So, this morning, in frustration, after receiving more Qobuz errors on the kitchen Z3, I switched to one of my own CDs that I had ripped to an external drive and that streamed flawlessly to the kitchen speaker. Does this prove anything?

I’m running a six node Linksys Velop system. It seems like overkill but my one bedroom apartment seems to be a pretty good Faraday box.

The Roon app pretty much refuses to work in the kitchen even though there are two LinkSys Velop nodes in there. Beats me why. It just doesn’t seem to find the core.

I run a Mac Mini in my living room connected to an Aqua Formula DAC. The mini is wirelessly connected to one of the two Velop nodes in the living room. That setup streams very well and I don’t have the kind of skipping problems I have in the kitchen.

I believe Tidal CDs also skip in the kitchen but I need to verify that.

Updated: I just tried the same track from a Tidal version of a CD and a Qobuz version of the same CD and they both streamed perfectly to the kitchen. It’s the random nature of this problem that is driving me crazy.

Hi @Lawrence_Kellogg,

If you move your Kitchen Z3 to the living room as a test, do you experience any dropouts? Have you tried turning off some of the access points to try and identify if one in particular is causing the dropouts to occur?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.