Qobuz Media is loading slowly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon core installed on a Windows 10 laptop

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

French Bouygues network used via Winfi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Gato Audio Dia-250S NPM connected via Wifi

Description Of Issue

Hi,

My laptop and my amp are connected to my network via Wifi.
When I play 16bits 44.1 files, so everything works well.
But when I play 24 bits files, music is played during 3 or 5s, and after there is no sound and the following message is displayed “Qobuz Media is loading slowly”.

I tested my Wifi connection : download = 16.5 Mbit/s and upload = 1.2 Mbit/s.

When I play 24 bits files from Qobuz app via Wifi, everything works well.

Could you help me please.
Alex

Hi @Alex_92_IDF,

As noted in our Networking Guide, we recommend using an Ethernet connection whenever possible. If you use an Ethernet connection just as a test is there any improvement?

If you go to Settings > Services and lower the Qobuz streaming quality is there any improvement?

I did not test to use an Ethernet connection for my laptop (not very useful because my laptop is also my remote).
Regarding the amplifier, it is not possible because it is too far from my router.

As I said, it works perfectly with 16 bits files.
The issue comes with 24 bits files.

Hi @Alex_92_IDF,

Thanks for clarifying! If possible, I’d recommend trying to use an Ethernet connection just as a quick test, even if you’re just playing to System Output for the test. It would definitely help to clarify the specific issue here.

Hi @dylan

Unfortunetly I’m not able to test an Ethernet connection due to my laptop which do not have a RJ45 connection (only Winfi) :frowning:

Hi @Alex_92_IDF,

Thanks for clarifying that. If you have another machine that can be your Core and can be connected via Ethernet it would definitely be a good test to confirm whether or not this helps to improve things so we can verify where the issue is stemming from.

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz loading slowly with bluesound endpoints

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.