Qobuz media loading slowly - Dropouts playback

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Air (early 2014, 4GB Ram, Intel i5)
Connected via Ethernet cable

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Home Life HUB
Manufacturer: ZyXEL
Not using VPN
WiFi Mesh 5Ghz/2.4Ghz

Connected Audio Devices

Chord Mojo 2 + Poly connected to my iPhone as remote

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I keep having dropouts when playing on Roon Qobuz 24/192 songs. I already had read other discussion for similar problem here on the community and I tried to follow the various suggestions (such as disabling the wifi on my macbook and connect it directly to the router via ethernet or splitting the wifi into 2 different connection, one is 2.4 and the other one is 5ghz).
I didn’t want to generate another similar topic since there are plenty across the community but maybe the Roon support can run a diagnostic and see what’s the problem here.

It usually happens with 24/192 qobuz files but also with 24/96.
The issue is always the same: the playback stops and tries to play the next songs until a message is displayed telling that “Qobuz media loading slowly”.

I also attach a reference for the chain that might be helpful (it’s for a 24/96 file but the chain is the exact same).
Last thing: I’m a complete boomer when it comes to routers and connection so please keep it as you are helping grandpa :grin:

Thank you all in advance.

@benjamin or anyone else from the team, could you please run your magic and help me out? :slightly_smiling_face:

They will do this, but the @support team is small (5 people) and they don’t work weekends. They also deal with requests in a queue system. When your issue reaches the head of their queue, they will perform their magic for you.

1 Like

Sure thing, no problem!
Thank you so much for the clarification, Geoff :wink:

Ok, a small update.
At the suggestion of a friend, I decided to buy a Uniquity Amplifi Instant Router + Mesh Point, and I haven’t experienced any dropouts since I set it up.

Everything is now running smoothly and I can finally enjoy my Roon subscription and especially the full potential of the Chord Poly (paired with the Mojo 2).

I would wait to say that the problem is solved, because you never know, but I’m now playing records that I couldn’t listen to at the highest quality and with a lossless signal path.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.