macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1
Mac mini (Late 2014)
Processor 2,8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear ProSafe GS108E on Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet Expert 440 Pro Dual connected via Ethernet to Mac Mini
MiniDSP SHD studio connected via Ethernet to Mac Mini, then via SPDIF to Devialet Expert 440 Pro Dual

Number of Tracks in Library

31389 tracks, 2531 albums, 1391 artists, 301 composers
Note: files are stored on hard disk of mac Mini running Roon Core

Description of Issue

Albums on Qobuz played via Roon do not always provide the same level of details about a given artist than if played via Qobuz application itself.
If I take the example of artist “Sofiane Pamart”, Qobuz provides his biography.

But this information does not seem to be available via Roon application. I only get the birth date of the artist:

Artist biography is available for very well known artists such as “The Beatles”.

Is there a way to get Qobuz metadata available on Roon user interface ?

I’ve moved your post into the Metadata Issues category of the forum, which seems to be the most appropriate.

I suspect that the reason you are seeing the biography in the Qobuz app is because it is in French for a French artist. AFAIK, Roon uses English language sources for its biographical material at the moment.

1 Like

Thank you for moving my question to metadata issues.

I guessed that it could be a language issue and I switched Roon interface from English to French in case it would make a difference. It did not, which would confirm your point indicating Roon always search for metadata in English.

Note: I also tried with Korean artist “Youn Sun Nah” latest album “Waking world” to see if I would get album details. Roon does not provide any description of the album, while Qobuz does. But being in France, I always get Qobuz descriptions in French. I do not know if Qobuz provides English descriptions I could use to test…

In any case, thank you for this first possible explanation.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.