Qobuz multipart compositions not grouping correctly

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Most of the compositions on this boxset display correctly with the parts correctly grouped under the composition title but some do not.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

I have tried editing the titles in Roon to match the listing in AllMusic but this has not worked.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Qobuz, added to my library.

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

The compositions that are not displaying correctly do not show up under “my compositions” when I search for them, so I cannot merge them with other examples that display correctly on other albums.

The composer is correctly associated with each composition, but the boxset does not display under the composer entry in Roon if the compositions do not display the parts correctly grouped.

The composer is not listed as a primary artist.

For at least one of the compositions AllMusic has 2 separate ways of naming the same work:

is the same as:

I tried making edits with both versions of the title.

At least one composition is incorrectly linked:

This:

Links to this:

17 of the compositions don’t display properly.

Roon finds 2 versions of the same boxset when I re-identify the album. I have tried both versions. One version groups the parts of more compositions correctly, but still misses 17.

The boxset is not in MusicBrainz.

Any ideas on how to edit in Roon to make these display properly?

Why doesn’t the boxset display under the composer entries? Why don’t the titles show under “my compositions”?

Hi @CoralRad,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. We can definitely help! Additionally, please accept my apologies for the delayed response. I had hoped to get back to you sooner and I appreciate your patience.

Our product director, Mike Fass, discusses why some compositions may not appear in this thread from our Community Forums. It has some additional details that may be helpful to you.

Please try toggling off the “Only complete recording” button in Roon to see if you missing compositions reappear.

To do this:

• Click on any composition from your compositions list
  • Scroll down to All recordings
  • Look for the Recordings by popularity button next to Filter and expand it
  • Then go all the way to the bottom to find the Only complete recordings
  • Toggle that feature off.

This will allow Roon to find all of your selections that are identified as Composition whether or not they are full performances of the entire work.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. (No worries about the delay in response). Unfortunately, it did not work. The composition is still not listed. However, I can now find the boxset listed under composer.

Hi @CoralRad. Forgive the intrusion but if you wanted a local copy you could purchase a lossless download from a well known UK site for well under $10.

All compositions would then be correct after a little tag tidying (I have this set)

Just a thought.

1 Like

Thanks, You are correct, of course. I see it on presto. It would have taken me less time to retag the downloads than I spent trying to fix this already.

But I am interested in finding ways to solve this grouping problem as it arises frequently. I have checked for other examples of this same issue with releases from Brilliant Classics and it seems to be common with that label.

Occasionally I have been able to solve the problem quite easily. Sometimes a workaround is possible by finding the original individual releases that make up the boxset. Renaming the titles using the AllMusic titles sometimes works as does merging the composition with another correctly displaying version of the same work, or re-identifying the album to a different version in the database. It is interesting that this time the works are not showing up under the compositions tab.

1 Like

Hey @CoralRad,

I’m doing some investigating on this title to see if we can figure out what’s taking place with the Work/Part organization on this title. I’ll be back in touch once I have more details.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.