Qobuz Music favorites disappeared from library [Roon Team Investigating]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Evo432, connected to audio note dac and audio note oto line se amplifier

**Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on
Virgin media 200mb, router connected to evo432

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Evo432 connected via USB to DAC.

Description Of Issue
Over 550 albums have suddenly disappeared from my Qobuz Roon library … I watched as the number of albums shrank from 740 to 80 … it is not this device, as my phone app confirms 80 tracks, implying this is a Qobuz problem, but when I check online, library is intact on qobuz.com.

I have tried reconnecting the Roon app to my Qobuz account, to no avail.
Help !!!

Update : all restored, seems that i am not the only one to have experienced issues
Had to sync the library several times, all albums and tracks back where they belong.
Seems that the link between roon app and qobuz broke

BTW @Carl, thank you for moving this post, I tried (and failed) to find similar thread before posting

Have a look at this thread.

1 Like

@dylan, @support,
Multiple users reporting, Is there a backend issue?

Hi Luc

What exactly did you do in Library Maintenance? Have you cleaned (/deleted) all the files that were indicated as deleted in Library Cleanup?
Dirk

I relaunched roon several times until it filled the library.
Looking in cleaning and see if there are any tracks to import.

Is the matter resolved for everybody yet? The issue of unsupported countries is mentioned in another thread.

Not for me, Germany.
Only local files are still there.
But something strange, suddenly I’ve got 7278 deleted files in my library.
@support
My Qobuz favorite albums and playlists are still there and I have tried to sync the library, but without success.
What else can I do?

Mine was fine until 10 minutes ago (22 Jan 10:30).

I had a complete library earlier, including items added yesterday. I added a new release that wasn’t available yet in Roon (released today) via the QoBuz application and this didn’t come through.

Now that release has come through but over 1000 albums have disappeared.

I’m in the UK with a UK QoBuz subscription. Albums play OK so it’s noting to do with international settings I believe.

Once again all Qobuz albums disappeared. Settings/Library/cleanup library once again proposes to clean up 17557 deleted files, but I didn’t delete anything. 17k files must be roughly my Qobuz albums. There is a bug between Qobuz and Roon and I won’t clean-up everyday :cry: This time, I’ll wait a few hours and see what happens. Frustrating …

Nothing happening at my side neither.

New Qobuz albums can be added to My Library without any issue, but +/- 1500 Qobuz albums are waiting to be re-added again.

This is indeed frustrating, as one can not take new backups (risking to override a good backup with something that is definitely not OK.

I also hope that Roon will solve this issues that some of us have, before they launch a new version. Otherwise, we will probably be in deep s…

Dirk

Not for me.
I am in Ireland. All Qobuz albums gone !

I have reported that all my Qobuz albums have disappeared, today, I am still able to add new Qobuz albums. 1 hour later all Qobuz albums that had disappeared reappeared. Two hours later, all Qobuz albums disappeared again. As my previous speakers already stated, we need a solution by Roon!

I just tried restoring and they all came back only to disappear right in front of my eyes a few minutes later!

One thing I have noticed that if you access one of the missing albums which are now in the QoBuz section rather than in your library the play count has been retained. Rebooting the Roon server erases this play history. This is why I instigated a restore.

An acknowledgement from support to confirm this issue would be appreciated.

Mine are still back. Interestingly last night, after they’d all come back, I experimented with restoring a previous back up. Sure enough my Qobuz albums disappeared from my Library.

I then restarted the Core several times, checking after each restart. The albums were returned in exactly the same way as my previous return - exactly the same number of returns at each restart.

The same problem in Berlin. Since noon I’ve only seen my saved albums. I just play from the hard drive. It’s nice too. :joy:

It seems new additions, i.e. added today after the issue occurred are OK.

I have tested adding albums in the QoBuz application and Roon and they sync OK. It’s just existing albums that remain in QoBuz but are completely absent in Roon except for the play history.

I’ve also discovered that if you ‘unfavorite’ an album in the QoBuz application and then add it bak in it comes through to Roon and the play count is preserved.

I tied logging out of the account, changing the password and logging back in and this hasn’t resolve the problem either.

Same issue here.

Ran a restore moments ago but no change, based in the UK.

Roon connected to Qobuz, has this affected Tidal connectors also?

Same issue here…ran a restore and then roon would no longer launch. Downloaded roon app again and relaunched. The whole library appeared and then slowly went away as all the albums were deleted. Literally watched the library disappear. Now my qobuz library is empty. Fix?

same here (Italy)

@support ? :no_mouth:

EDIT: tried adding a new album and… it does show in my Library :open_mouth:
(all previously added ones still do not :sob: )

same problem, same symptoms as described above. I am in Italy. No response from the Roon support team as of yet?