Qobuz News and Correspondence [closed thread]

when an album I want to buy is only available, on Qobuz, as 16/44.1 I always, first, check online how much the physical CD is on Amazon and other sites. It almost always is more expensive but sometimes it’s cheaper and in this case I buy the CD

Hi-Res albums, though, are always cheaper on Qobuz than on any other online shop (… unless there’s a promo somewhere else on that album)
If you consider, then, the discount Sublime subscribers get on Hi-Res… :wink:
Plus Qobuz has, very often, quite interesting promos (last one ended a couple of days ago) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m curious to check it out but I doubt I’ll be able to get a family plan for the $5 per month I currently pay for Tidal!

Same here. Using Qobuz for hires purchases. It’s lovely for that.

Qobuz looks to be available in the US now. i usually get a “not available in your country” message when navigating to Qobuz.com. now there’s an opportunity for a free trial.

i’ve been a subscriber for three years, but this is progress.

roon soon?

Hmm, just tried that and got -

Fake news. Fake news. Fake news

John Darko tweeted the cat’s out of the bag, Qobuz coming to Roon by EOY.

And here: https://www.soundandvision.com/content/qobuz-gets-ready-its-close

Well, the bag was becoming pretty much see-through already – so no surprises there.

As for timing – a large undertaking like this, largely relying on partner participation could easily shift. I wouldn’t take anyone’s word for it, unless it is straight from the horse’s mouth.

1 Like

Here is the pricing… very competitive!

1 Like

Also… Roon integrating comes “later in Fall”

In the UK I think that Studio is called Sublime and Sublime is called Sublime+. Early days yet and different markets have different pricing, but you guys in the USA appear to be getting a far better deal. Sublime (USA) vs Sublime+ (UK) is $160 US less expensive than the UK equivalent price of $455 US. I’ll be sticking with TIDAL until I’m forced not to!!

Nope. Sublime in UK does NOT include high Rez streaming. Just CD quality. In the US it does. So even better. They are clearly trying to compete with Tidal Hifi here

I didn’t say it did!

Read again, you said:

US Studio: High Rez streaming

UK Sublime: No high Rez streaming

Please Qobuz! Open up to Scandinavia!

2 Likes

Qobuz ,please increase your library content.

Messages to Qobuz are probably best directed to their Customer Service Dept.. It is unlikely that Qobuz read this thread and note requests in it.

1 Like

Your right…an even better deal if you live in the US!

I have already contacted their customer support some time ago. Their reply was simply:

"Qobuz is really sorry you cannot find our service in your country.
Although, you should know our International developpement is growing, we might open soon in your country ! :slight_smile: "

Maybe they are coming to the Nordic countries some day, maybe not? :confused: