Qobuz News and Correspondence [closed thread]

Such a misleading post in so many different ways

On Windows, one can use the Notepad text editor to write a document… Or you can use Microsoft Word… Yes, they both produce a document, but there is A WORLD of difference in features, power access ease of use

And that comparison is akin to comparing the Qobuzz desktop to Roon currently… A whole WORLD of differences in Roon’s favour

2 Likes

It’s very hard to be all things to all men and trying to invariably leads to being no things to many men.

The question perhaps to answer is how much you might be willing to pay for a Roon+S or Roon+Q.

I think Roon provides for most of its users a wonderful unique set of music collection manipulation and audio playback options.

.sjb

2 Likes

As at the present time neither Qobuz nor Spotify want to integrate with Roon. Roon remains open to discussing integration with them or any other streaming service.

You seem to imply that the Roon developers are dissembling or not being honest with us. I think that is unwarranted. If Qobuz were open to integration I’m confident Roon would make it happen.

I’m not sure why you think Roon streaming Spotify or Qobuz without metadata is an attractive option. We have multi-tasking computers. People can run those services on any number of other players. A large part of the success of Roon (or any other software) is not trying to be all things to all people. Development time would seem better spent on improving the things that make Roon unique, not things that people can easily do with other software.

6 Likes

… only as long as they comply to your metadata structure or are you willing to find some sort of agreement and meet “halfway”?

Only time will tell and I truly wish Roon becomes THE reference music player, the one and only everyone on earth has or wants, but at this point in time… unless you are willing to accept some sort of compromise… looks you were very lucky indeed in finding one streaming service to integrate the way you want them to

Don’t get me wrong: I love Roon, but if I didn’t already had an Aries I can also use for Qobuz streaming, I would have not subscribed Roon (for sure not a lifetime as I did. maybe only one year just to wait and see) :neutral_face:
Sure: I can go on forever using also Lightning DS and/or Audirvana (neither is that bad: on the contrary!) but having to do so… brings up too often, even though just in a deep part of my mind, the question: why did I subscribed Roon lifetime?

I’m obviously among that minority :cactus: which doesn’t like (despite trying really hard, I swear it, actually can’t stand for more than a few minutes :grin: ) Tidal and who’s music library consist mostly of classical music, an area where Roon’s rich metadata still has “some” work to do :wink:

Again don’t get me wrong: all I’m asking (once more) is… make me totally forget about every other option out there but Roon: please! :cry:

and now I’ll shut up (… on this matter :stuck_out_tongue: ) forever. Long live Roon! :beers:

You folks should get out there and support the artists you like by buying their stuff instead of stealing from them under the guise of streaming. Streaming has a valid use case, but the current business model is just theft under another name, and unsustainable.

1 Like

reason I use Qobuz is right because I still buy quite a lot of music and Qobuz makes me discover (and buy) new stuff I like every single day :slight_smile:

if I were to use a streaming service just to search for and listen to stuff I already know… then, maybe, Tidal would be fine for me too

2 Likes

Paolo, as Andrew says, the sticking point is NOT Roon, it’s the likes of Qobuz and Spotify who are unwilling to countenance integration. Go and make your viewpoint known with them.

At the moment, I simply use Tidal in Roon to explore (mainly classical) music, and if I like something sufficiently, I’ll often buy it from Qobuz.

2 Likes

sorry Geoff but there’s still some “fog” around it: that’s why I asked what I asked :wink:

already made my point more than once at Qobuz’ and will go on :neutral_face:

First: Stealing is not legal. Streaming is legal under the law. So it is not a criminal activity.

Second: You are right. Buying the Records is what helps the artists most. Thats exactly what I do and every music lover should think and care about.

1 Like

No fog that I can see - Danny has been clear as day. As he says, vote with your dollars.
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-news-and-correspondence/17536/8

ok, sorry: forgot about that :frowning:

so… it’s not Qobuz not willing at all to integrate in Roon, it’s rather they’re not willing to adapt their API to what Roon wants/needs/asks them to do
then there might be some of the usual (stupid! :angry: ) licensing issues imposed by labels :rolling_eyes:

as for “me too” and/or “lame browse interface”… can’t see anything like that in either Lightning DS or Audirvana :neutral_face: (btw… today’s been once more one of those days I’m not even touching Roon :frowning: as all I’m listening to… is on Qobuz)

but I already promised to shut up so I’ll do it now :wink:

1 Like

And remember, Qobuz offers a direct facility to purchase from the desktop app.

Roon is good, its not better than the new Qobuz app to justify the cost difference though.

Having said that, its great for all of us that there is some competition, it drives development to make things better for the consumer.

Both services have things they do better, lets hope they learn from each other and continue to improve.

1 Like

I see zero competition for Roon with Qobuz app.
Its like comparing a Trabi (old east german car) with a Mercedes.

There is no network integration, it simply lacks too much to write it down here.
That would be a senseless activity.

I like the content of Qobuz. They should agree to an Integration into Roon.
That would help them and I would resubscribe immediately.

6 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Giving TIDAL a go

The manufacturer of AURENDER media players have integrated both Tidal and Qubuz in their exclellent IOS app and they have had this feature now for at least one year.

www.aurender.com

So if they can integrate Qobuz, why can’t Roon do it…??

It is just a matter of priority.

Roon can’t do it because Qobuz is not willing to do what is needed in order for deep Tidal like integration to occur. If you want Roon to integrate with Qobuz, go and ask Qobuz to change their mind about Roon. That is the first priority.

5 Likes

Very interesting to see the other side of the spectrum (not compression).

Qobuz doesn’t believe in compression they will offer the highest sound quality, without compromise, whatever the environment.

Qobuz think that:

4G data subscriptions are increasingly widespread
4G coverage and flow is improving
5G will be coming next
Domestic broadband has seen a great deal of development

Interesting times two business propositions on the other side of the spectrum.

2 Likes

As bandwidth becomes more accessible and improved over the years, it becomes more easy to stream high resolution contents without the use of some kind of lossy compression. The inclusion of DSD by Qobuz and possible streaming in the future is a good start.

It is good that Qobuz don’t believe any form of compression apply to the file prior to streaming and I’m will be happy to see other streaming providers will follow it:)!

2 Likes

I trust that those of us who are interested in having Qobuz integrated into Roon will be leaving comments on that Qobuz blog post. I just did - though of course whether it will make it through moderation is another matter entirely. FWIW, I said:

When Qobuz is integrated into Roon, then I’ll subscribe to your service, but not before.

i did and so did you :slight_smile: although i do think it is against deafmans ears