Qobuz News and Correspondence [closed thread]

The word ‘soon’ seems to me like ‘years’ and I guess not many are willing to wait. This is a problem… but there’s other platforms who offer Qobuz streaming too.

I use Qobuz on Audirvana.
Am I happy?
No.
I read that a Highres shop will offer a streaming service via Roon.
I would like that and subscribe to them.
The price mentioned was € 250 a year, which should include 30% off their catalog prices if you buy downloads.
Or €200 without that 30% option.
I would switch from Qobuz.

2 Likes

Paying up-front of EU$200 is a lot money! I have switched from Tidal to Qobuz Hi-Fi for EU$19.90/mth. It has extensive classical genre which I like it. Hope HiResAudio may offer monthly subscription based model.

Why can’t Roon add Qobuz without integration for now? Okay, this is not the Roon way, but at least we would have a choice.

Same goes for Spotify all it takes is for Tidal to get bought or decided they want people to only use the app and that’s that. Roon is local music only. I can’t see why they cant just support this model. There already is a qobuz connect protocol.

Danny answered this above over a year ago.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-news-and-correspondence/17536/8

1 Like

Hi, I’d like you to integrate with Quobuz because they match roon on streaming but also offer an excellent hi res download service for building private music library.

I’m new to roon. It’s great. Controls my Bryston BDP-2 hifi setup from a Mac running roon core and remote iOS controllers. Obviously interstates well with tidal - I’ve newly joined tidal and set it up. Great. But no ability to download hi res flac and store in my private music library.

Quobuz is excellent and gaining many followers. I understand it’s about to enter the US. You should support it. What are you’re plans?

As I remember from earlier discussions here, it is Qobuz which didnt answer favorably to integration requests.
They stated that a Roon similar interface will be devoloped.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-news-and-correspondence/17536/8?u=wklie

@Gareth_McIndoe, see Brian’s post.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-integration/807/280?u=carl

We can only hope that the new CEO sees value in integrating directly with Roon, rather than continuing an ersatz parallel effort. Users who would use Qobuz and would like to see it integrated with Roon should let him know why.

Certainly if/when it is available in the US, I’d be all over Quboz.

1 Like

Hello I am a Linn reseller in France. We now have Roon in demonstration. I asked Qobuz if there was a chance to see Qobuz in Roon. Answer: Work in progress

2 Likes

I think in the near future Qobuz, Deezer… can’t ignore Roon anymore. Roon was so present in München hifi show… every one was demonstrating their stuff with Roon!

13 Likes

That will be so nice! I can’t wait to see it.

That would be great, I don’t like Tidal + all family members are using & used to Spotify, including me. A transition to a new platform will give some struggle with family members learned the past, so if Qobuz or Deezer arrives on the horizon…

1 Like

Just received this answer from Qobuz:

Dieses Projekt ist noch geplant und ist für uns wichtig. Zurzeit haben wir jedoch keine bestimmte Termine dieses zu geben. Wir machen alles dafür, um unseren Service den Wünschen unserer Kunden anzupassen.

Wir bedanken uns für Ihre Geduld und Ihr Verständnis.
Herzliche Grüße aus Paris,

Kundenservice | Customer Service

So to summarize in English: This is planned and important for Qobuz, but they cannot give any specific dates.

2 Likes

I’m subscribing to Qobuz in EU, hope Qobuz US may offer Hi-Res monthly subscription. At the moment all Qobuz Hi-Res requires up-front one year payment.

What was the question they are responding to?

.sjb

1 Like