Qobuz News and Correspondence [closed thread]

Thanks for your reply.
I still don’t see where the TIDAL catalogue is “old and not at par” with other streaming services, outside of the genres you mentioned.
Newsletters, perceived sound quality, roon gui and connection problems have nothing to do with the size and relevance of the back catalogue of a streaming service
I had several tries with spotify in the course of the last years, and found only a very small number of records that were on spotify and not on tidal or vice versa. As I use tidal in roon anyway, I decided to stick with it.

To be clear, if qobuz would be integrated in roon the way tidal is today I’ll probably jump ship, or at least would take on a subscription to qobuz, as their offer very much fits my personal taste. As a standalone app, it doesn’t have the added value of roon, which for me are integration with my local files and multiroom audio.

(we’re probably getting off topic here)

3 Likes

I can’t agree with your characterisation of Tidals’ non RnB content and I think Deezer is worthy of their own mention but it is also worth mentioning that world wide, RnB is the biggest selling music genre. I said this before and was challenged because Rock was a bigger seller, but not of new music. Backing RnB is a sensible business option. Qobuz is bouncing back from a low point but they are late into the biggest marketplace and have all of that licensing legwork to do that everyone else did five years ago.

1 Like

Let’s not forget that Qobuz is still only available in the major Northern European counties and its HiRes service is significantly more expensive. It should be coming to the US soon but even with that it’s still not available to many.

not high res. but, most people dont care.
spotify stopped their 16 bit offer. they decided no money is to be made in 16 bit or higher.
320 kb/sec or 256kb/sec is enough for most people if the price is ok.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/us-country-manager-at-qobuz-647261581/

@danny, apply and you can do all kinds of good things. Roon related of course :wink:

feeling optimistic qobuz to roon will happen.

This reminds me of a certain trojan horse strategy employed by a certain huge software company did to a certain used-to-be-major phone manufacturer.

1 Like

Still hope ?

Wanted to share Qobuz support answer:
“Nous travaillons notre intégration dans Roon, nous nous sommes rapprochés d’eux . Nous ne désirons pas pour le moment, communiquer sur l’évolution de ces négociations et n’avons pas d’échéances à avancer. Mais sachez que Qobuz est très intéréssé par Roon.”

In English:
"We are working on our integration into Roon, we are getting closer to them. We do not wish for the moment to communicate on the evolution of these negotiations and have no deadlines to share. But know that Qobuz is very interested in Roon. "

5 Likes

airfrance/klm think! :zipper_mouth_face:

There will be several levels of service and we’re planning a soft launch at CEDIA Expo in September and coming full force as the official streaming partner at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in October.

Canada too?

Cheers, Greg

Of course not, that would require special contracts with a certain % of Canadian content, and special French pages for Quebec. The usual show stopper stuff. Sigh!

2 Likes

French shouldn’t be a problem for Qobuz. And Canadian content just needs all of Justin’s albums. You blokes are Bieber Beavers right ?

Australia maybe one day.

3 Likes

As Australia is the internet pirate capital of the World I think even kindergarten kids know how to use a VPN.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I used one to buy the 8 hour Sleep album from Qobuz. Might have to get it again.

Sorry, I meant special Francophone music content page not just the language.

Apple Music seems to have to include it on it’s discovery page. As a redneck from Western Canada, it annoys me. If my iPhone isn’t set to French (Canadian) why would I want those albums wasting space on my discovery page.

1 Like

and don’t forget about…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe still hope for Roon& Qobuz.

The new version of Volumio has Qobuz integration.

I am a very happy person indeed now with Volumio. Roon is good, but the goal post has now moved (for me).

To which endpoint? And is that using UPnP?

And can you share some screenshots of how the UI looks (if possible)?