Qobuz not working: "Qobuz media is loading slowly"

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Macbook Pro, 16gb, i7 processor, 1 tb ssd, roon 1.7 build 555

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

100mbit DSL

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

devialet 220 pro, wired LAN 1gb

Description Of Issue

can’t play qobuz media any more but get constant error messages. streaming directly via qobuz app on iphone (same network) and airplay transport protocol to Devialet without roon works perfectly fine so it must be the roon app not working properly.

1 Like

What troubleshooting have you done, rebooted everything?

Yes, I rebooted the Mac and restarted roon

A post was split to a new topic: “Qobuz media is loading slowly”

Hello @Thomas_Grosse, have you tried playing to system output? Do you still experience the issue? Also, can you elaborate on your network details: what router you’re using, any switches, etc.? Thanks!

Hi Nuwry,

I tried system output and the problem persists. It seems to me that there is a buffering prohlem within Roon as the same stream within the same network works perfectly if I use the native Qobuz iphone or ipad app.

All the best
Thomas

I reset also my router, access point and Devialet and now it is working. Thanks for this!

Having said this, I have never had so many problems as with the Roon and Devialet 220pro combination. Every weekend when I want to listen to music there is a 50% chance that something will not work. Either Roon is not finding the device, device dropping out, Media loading slowly or anything else. My assumption is that this is also driven by the Devialet OS but nonetheless really annoying as I loose 15-20 minutes just trying to make it work somehow.

Airplay or Chromecast provides more consistency here…

I am using the new Roon RAAT protocol with my 220pro.

All the best
Thomas

Hello @Thomas_Grosse, I’m glad things are working! I spoke to my team about your experience and they made the note that adding a 100 megabit switch (unmanaged, per our networking best practices) has helped in the past if placed between the Devialet and your router.

They also recommended giving Wi-Fi a try for the Devialet and see if that changes things.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.