Qobuz not working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

• MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)
  • High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)
  • ROON 1.7/511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

• Macbook on ethernet
  • iPad is wireless

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

• Sonictransporter i5
  • Ayre QB Twenty

Description Of Issue

Qobuz has not been working for days now. Intermidently loads album covers on the Core MacBook, never on the iPad. Does not play from either.

Hi @Robert_Lippert,

Since experiencing this issue have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

Is local content playing okay?

Thanks for the reply.

I have rebooted multiple times. All my local content is playing fine. I also confirmed i can access and play Qobuz directly through their web player. It was working fine before christmas and nothing has changed since then

I’ve had this before a few times on previous versions of Roon. It may be worth unlinking your Qobuz account and relinking it. This can be done by going into:

Settings > Services > (Qobuz) Edit > Logout

In my experience, after you log in again, everything will return to normal once again. I can’t explain why it happens. but this seems to fix the problem.

Thanks for the hint! Tried this and also cleared my cache to be sure it was starting from a clean state. No luck. I get the album info and art, but when i hit play the progress bar just sweeps right and left (lighter blue color on Roon’s dark background).

It worked so well before Christmas and the only thing thats changed is the date?!

If logging out didn’t work, perhaps ‘disable’ on the same screen would work. If this also doesn’t work I would suggest logging out of Qobuz and changing your password through the Qobuz website, then attempting to log in again. Apologies if this seems convoluted and unnecessary, you’d be surprised how little changes affect the Roon Core.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Lippert,

Just to confirm here, is the SonicTransporter or the Macbook acting as the Core here? If the Macbook is acting just as a Roon Client (while the SonicTransporter is the Core), is there any change in behavior if you temporarily host the Roon Core on the Macbook?

I would first make a Backup of your Roon database and then try setting the Macbook as the Core by opening the Roon App on the Macbook going to Roon Settings -> General -> Disconnect -> on the "Choose your Core" screen -> Use this PC.

Thanks all! I will attempt the PW reset as suggested. Noris… the MacBook Pro is the CORE. The STi5 is the client where i host the actual music files… i.e. it is direct attacthed storage, connected to my MacBook.

Wow… this is quite stubborn. Still no luck. Disabled, changed pw on Qobuz, exited Qobuz to eliminate any interference, back into Roon. changed pw there… still the same silence with the progress bar strobing back and forth and all the album art/etc, like i’m a normal subscriber?

Hi Robert

Have you by any chance bought an album at Qobuz and added the local copy to your Roon library?

If so, can you try to go that album - versions - and try to play the Qobuz streaming version of that album?

Dirk

1 Like

I have, but have not moved it to the local drive yet. Good idea.

As it happens, i did buy and load Kralls Christmas album. Play from my local library fine. NO luck with streaming copy! Dang!

Hi Robert

My last shot, running out of ideas.

Have you tried to limit the streaming quality of Qobuz:

Settings - Services - Qobuz - Edit - Streaming quality

Dirk

Hi @Robert_Lippert,

If you navigate in Roon to Settings -> General do you see the SonicTransporter listed as the Core or the Macbook?

If the behavior is still the same after trying different quality versions, the follow-up step would be to take a look at logs. To make sure we have the proper information to analyze, please try reproducing the issue and note the exact local time + date + track you experience this behavior with. Afterwards, please send me a copy of your logs via Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com by using these instructions. Thanks!

I was mistaken. The SonicTransporter is the CORE. Changed quality and even the lowest does nothing.

Will send logs

Noris… excuse my ignorance, but how do i generate a log for you?

Hi @Robert_Lippert,

Getting the logs over the SonicTransporter is a bit trickier than getting them from the MacBook in that case. Let’s go down this troubleshooting avenue first to verify if the behavior is Core-related or Account/Network related:

Apparently, I can’t move the core without buying another membership? For now, here is the log from a session using the ST as the core: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pgsv2j7p2ti2i3/Roon_log.txt?dl=0

Hi @Robert_Lippert,

You can only have one active Core at time, but you are free to un-autorize and re-authorize different Cores as often as you’d like.

This is good, but unfortunately this specific log file doesn’t show what happens when you play Qobuz tracks. There should be an additional 19 log files in the same folder you found the first one, can you please upload the rest of the logs?

Thanks!

Hey Noris. I looked in the folder and all the other logs have previous time stamps on them. These stamps go back days or even months. Are the logs from my session in other folders?