Qobuz not working

Hi @Robert_Lippert,

Roon uses a “rolling log” method, where it automatically overwrites old log files as new information is processed, keeping a maximum of 20 log files. This is a great way to keep track of what happens before specific events, even in previous sessions.

In the log file you sent over, I am not noticing any Qobuz playback attempts, which is why I requested the additional 19 logs, as I hope they contain additional information or at least an error message when you attempt to play Qobuz content.

Here are all the logs back to when i think it stopped working:

Hi @Robert_Lippert,

Thanks for sending those logs over. It looks like these are the logs for your Macbook the Core, the Macbook logs wouldn’t contain much playback information but no worries, there are some additional clues here.

It looks like this could be a networking-related issue, I am seeing a few Name Resolution failures contained in logs. We have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS or Quad9. Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

Do you have a preference between these two. Will there be implications for other software i am using?

Hi @Robert_Lippert,

I would try using Cloudflare. DNS servers convert a web address (such as google.com) into the actual IP address. We have often seen that ISP-provided DNS servers don’t always do a good job of converting IPs, and using better DNS servers helped customers in the past.

I don’t believe there’s any downside from switching away from your ISP’s DNS servers, here is an article that goes more in-depth as to what DNS does:

Well… here’s some news: Before switching the DNS, i updated my router and viola, i’m streaming Qobuz! My router is an aging Apple Extreme, so I’m thinking this is another reason for an upgrade to an all Ubiquiti network!

Sounds like the DNS switch would also be a healthy upgrade regardless?!

Thanks Noris! I was on the verge of chucking the whole streaming thing!

Thanks also to Rob and Dirk for your kind support!

I’d strongly recommend changing your Apple Airport Extreme before anything else, I had to pull them out of a client’s property because his internet router was performing better than four (!) Airport Extremes across the whole house, he was assuming the Airport Extreme was helping which in fact it was complicating the wireless network beyond usability. And this was just for streaming with Sonos!

Best of luck and happy listening!

Hi @Robert_Lippert,

Glad to hear that updating the Airport firmware helped with the issue. As Rob mentioned, we generally suggest users to stay away from Apple networking gear as we have seen unsatisfactory performance in the past, as mentioned in our Networking Best Practices Guide. Changing the DNS should help as well, but getting better networking gear is a great suggestion as well.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.