Qobuz playback hangs randomly

Hi @thijazi,

You can only have one Core machine licensed at any time, but you can switch between which Core is active at any time. If you have a Mac or Windows device that is running as a remote already, you can go to Settings > General and choose Disconnect. From there you can choose This PC/Mac as your Core and give it a try.

I changed the DNS settings at the router level to ā€œAutomaticā€ instead of specifying the Google DNS which I had setup earlierā€¦ Now I am getting the ISP DNS settings (something I was trying to avoid because of the local censorship enforcement) but now Qobuz streaming seems to be working fine, I had no hiccups for a few days nowā€¦

Hi @thijazi,

Thanks for the update!

Iā€™m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

I celebrated too soon, tonight I am getting the same old gremlins back in when playing Qobuz from within Roonā€¦ I had 2-3 playback breaks in the past 15 minutes (23:30 PM UAE local time)ā€¦

Not sure what else I can tryā€¦ Can you please share with me what is the nature of the network issues that you have seen, perhaps I can try an isolate the problem hereā€¦

Hi @thijazi,

Thanks for the update, and sorry to hear that the issue has returned. It is interesting to know that the issue was much better for some time, seemingly due to the router settings change. If you reboot the router do things go back to ā€œnormalā€ for some time before starting up again or does that not result in any further changes?