Qobuz playback is not working after latest update

The latest update has broken Qobuz streaming from my Roon. I have tried streaming to my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge, my Chromecast and Pixel phone with no success.

The Track information shows up on my remote and the Chromecast but the track never starts playback and is stuck.

I have no trouble streaming from my local library or a Roon radio station (Linn classical) to any of my endpoints.

My Qobuz subscription is active and I have been able to stream from my Qobuz app to Chromecast and I have also been able to stream Spotify to my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge and Chromecast. It is only when I try to play Qobuz from Roon that I see this issue.

I have tried this from an Android phone, Iphone and a Fire tablet and I have not been able to stream any Qobuz tracks. I see the same behavior where the track information shows up but there is no playback.

Steps I have tried

Restarted modem (Power cycled)
Restarted router (Power cycled)
Restarted Mytek Brooklyn and Power cycled
Restarted Roon core and also power cycled the NUC running ROCK
Logged in to ROCK storage and cleared cache and restarted Roon core - still no luck.
Reinstalled OS and restarted Roon server - nope

Roon Core Machine

/roon-1-8-build-806
ROCK on a NUC * 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10710U (NUC10i7FNH1) with Intel UHD Graphics 300 MHz – 1 15 GHz
8 GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-LINK AC1750 router
NUC connected to router using Ethernet
ROCK connected to Marantz AVR using wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge connected to the router using Ethernet
NUC connected to the router using Ethernet
ROCK connected to Google Chromecast using wifi
Chromecast connected to Marantz AVR using HDMI

Library Size

Around 250 GB

Description of Issue

The latest update has broken Qobuz streaming from my Roon. I have tried streaming to my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge, my Chromecast and Pixel phone with no success.

The Track information shows up on my remote and the Chromecast but the track never starts playback and is stuck.

I have no trouble streaming from my local library or a Roon radio station (Linn classical) to any of my endpoints.

My Qobuz subscription is active and I have been able to stream from my Qobuz app to Chromecast and I have also been able to stream Spotify to my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge and Chromecast. It is only when I try to play Qobuz from Roon that I see this issue.

I have tried this from an Android phone, Iphone and a Fire tablet and I have not been able to stream any Qobuz tracks. I see the same behavior where the track information shows up but there is no playback.

Here’s an entry from Roon log - The latest update has broken Qobuz streaming from my Roon. I have tried streaming to my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge, my Chromecast and Pixel phone with no success.

Steps I have tried

Restarted modem (Power cycled)
Restarted router (Power cycled)
Restarted Mytek Brooklyn and Power cycled
Restarted Roon core and also power cycled the NUC running ROCK
Cleared cache by accessing the device via SMB and restarted core
Re-installed OS and restarted core

Roon Core Machine

/roon-1-8-build-806
ROCK on a NUC * 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10710U (NUC10i7FNH1) with Intel UHD Graphics 300 MHz – 1 15 GHz
8 GB RAM

TP-LINK AC1750 router
NUC connected to router using Ethernet
ROCK connected to Marantz AVR using wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge connected to the router using Ethernet
NUC connected to the router using Ethernet
ROCK connected to Google Chromecast using wifi
Chromecast connected to Marantz AVR using HDMI

Library Size

Around 250 GB

Description of Issue

Sample entry from log when I try to play tracks from Qobuz -

05/15 03:05:22 Debug: [easyhttp] [525] GET to https://streaming-qobuz-std.akamaized.net/file?uid=1266370&eid=157715931&fmt=7&profile=raw&app_id=188245549&cid=1366654&etsp=1652587502&hmac=som_ZzYDcD2nzYVwkDaeYVhzacY canceled after 5009 ms
05/15 03:05:22 Debug: FTMSI-B-OE qo/CA1867DA interrupted req 4; missing block 0
05/15 03:05:22 Debug: FTMSI-B-OE qo/CA1867DA rid:4 request ended -- first block: 0 blocks read: 0 download speed: -256kbps response time: -1ms
05/15 03:05:22 Debug: FTMSI-B-OE qo/CA1867DA created new req 5 for block 0 p 0; active requests 1

Accessing the URL in the Get request via my browser (which is logged in to Qobuz) plays the track with no issue. I can play music through Qobuz on my mac and phone, there are no issues with my subscription. Getting tired of this happening after every other update.

05/15 03:31:51 Trace: [web] /web/idle.flac => 404  in
05/15 03:31:52 Warn: FTMSI-B qo/F41D6552: block downloader too much time locked
05/15 03:31:53 Warn: FTMSI-B qo/487C69EF: block downloader too much time locked
05/15 03:31:53 Trace: [Mytek] [LowQuality, 24/44 MP3 => 24/44] [78% buf] [LOADING @ 0:00] Communion in My Cup - Tank and the Bangas / The HamilTones
05/15 03:31:53 Debug: FTMSI-B-OE qo/48CB1BFF rid:1 interrupt requested; reason: should remove
05/15 03:31:53 Debug: [easyhttp] [2005] GET to https://streaming-qobuz-std.akamaized.net/file?uid=1266370&eid=143683211&fmt=7&profile=raw&app_id=188245549&cid=1366654&etsp=1652589108&hmac=RAs5OyjznE_rfP5hHxEnLJOEjcg canceled after 5008 ms
05/15 03:31:53 Debug: FTMSI-B qo/48CB1BFF download status: DownloadNotStarted accessTimeout:True openFiles:1 prev:(DownloadNotStarted,False,1)

1 Like

Here’s the log entry that corresponds to the confounding behavior where the track just doesn’t play and the progress bar is just a looping movement. ```
[LowQuality, 24/44 MP3 => 24/44] [78% buf] [LOADING @ 0:00]

I did a few more steps. 
* Signed out of Roon service from the core and signed back in. - no change in status
* Changed DNS provider from Google to OpenDNS and restarted router - no change in status
* The change above modified my ROCK IP - tracks still stuck on buffer loop 
* Updated router firmware this time and this caused the ROCK IP to revert to the previous value. - still same buffering issue.
* Removed Qobuz from Roon core and added it again - problem seems to have resolved itself.

Conclusion - I have no clue as to what just happened, but this happened now during two of the last three updates to the service. I am not sure that your regression tests are robust enough.

I have the same issue described here last night: Qobuz is not working with Nucleus+

While there can be regressions, the reason for spending $$$ and getting Nucleus+ with Roon is hoping better support when things go wrong. I see no way to reach support apart from posting here and hoping and praying somebody from Support see it :-(.

If you find a solution, please post, I will do the same. I only subscribe to Qobuz and with it not working, I am completely cutoff from streaming via Roon!!

thx
Sridhar

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus+ with all the latest updates

Netgear Orbi

Connected Audio Devices

iPhone11
Lenovo XP

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Connects to Qobuz, sees the playlists and albums, but when I click on a song to play it just hangs! I tried the following posted else in the forums on my lenovo

• rebooted nucleus+ ---- it did not work

• logged out of qobuz, rebooted nucleus+ ---- it did not work

• logged out of qobuz, shutdown the nucleus+, exited roon app on my laptop, moved ‘cache’ folder in the roon director to ‘cache-old’, powered up nucleus+, started the roon app on the lenovo, logged into qobuz, tried playing a song from one of qobuz playlist ---- it did not work, and it just hangs

can support help!

1 Like

Additional information, Qobuz is not working via Roon from any of my devices - laptop, ipad, iphone.

Qobuz works natively from these devices.

Is there any way to contact support?

1 Like

Same problem with Qobuz not connecting via roon!

1 Like

Support can look at your logs to see what the issue might be. Please be aware that support will be back online on Monday.

2 Likes

Thank you, this seems like a pervasive issue, quite a few folks have reported, happy to supply any logs to help with the solution

One thing to try.
Are you logging into Qobuz inside of Roon using your email address or username?
It appears that using your email address for login inside of Roon works best.
Worth considering.

1 Like

thank you for the suggestion, I am using email, and i fail to understand why that should matter, as long as the credentials are validated it should work :frowning:

What is happening is here is I can view the listing in Qobuz from Roon which means Roon has accessed my Qobus account using the cred’s I provided, including my playlists in Qobuz, and when I try to play any track, it just hangs. I suspect something in the newer updates have caused a regression. There is one more thread that has reported the same problem, and that person has given all the details…

Here is the other thread Qobuz playback is not working after latest update - #3 by Sridhar_Ganti

thx

Link to the beginning of the thread that reported similar problems – Qobuz playback is not working after latest update

Have you tried using 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 as your DNS?

That said, do you have any VPNs running, or, are using PiHole or similar? If so, try disabling them, rebooting, and see if it works.

I don’t have VPN’s, I am just using netgears orbi…

Not sure if this is a network issue, as I am able to login into Qobuz from Roon, it displays the albums, tracks, although no artwork is imported, and when I try to play a track, it just hangs with the progress bar looping back and forth. If it is a network issue, I should not be able to login to Qobuz from Roon at all.

I am also not going to mess with my network setup, as I am a not a networking expert, and if I messup something, than I have hell at home :-). This was working fine before the last few few updates, unfortunately, I don’t know, exactly, which update broke the Qobuz integration

Also, a support engineer contacted me, not sure if they went thru this thread, and suggested, I do the following:

• logout of qobuz
  • restart my nucleus+
  • log back into qobuz

that did not fix it, would be great if someone from support works with me to diagnose the issue.

I am a old software guy [C and C++ days], and I can understand doing restarts to to clear caches etc., to reset the behaviors, but I think this is an issue of Roon and Qobuz integration, and they need to get somebody from engineering look into it
thx

Hi @Samuel_Selvan and @Sridhar_Ganti,

I’ve merged these topics together so the team can provide updates to this issue in a single thread. I appreciate your patience over the weekend, and I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this Qobuz connectivity issue over the last few days.

The team will be taking a deeper look at the provided logs and will follow up once with next steps.

I’m glad to hear Qobuz playback seems to be working for now, although we’ll continue to investigate the root cause.

@Sridhar_Ganti, if you haven’t already, I recommend you attempt to clear your Tidal/Qobuz cache as well by following the steps below:

1. Quit Roon (or RoonServer)
  2. Find and open your Roon or RoonServer folder
  3. Locate and delete only the cache folder ( Roon/Cache )
  4. Restart Roon

@Sridhar_Ganti,

We believe that IPv6 communication is the problem in your particular case. We’ve made a manual change to your account which should disable it for now. Please restart your Core twice to verify that the workaround has taken effect, and let us know if the problem persists.

Connor
I did the following

• I rebooted the nucleus+ 3 times
  • logged out of qobuz, exit roon
  • cleared the roon cache on lenovo laptop
  • started roon, and logged back into qobiz from roon
  • access qobuz, i see all the albums, my playlists in qobuz etc
  • when I click on a track to play, it still does not play, and the progress bar keeps looping around :frowning:

Please let me know what else we can try
thx

Just to verify…
You have restarted the Roon Core twice since @connor very last post as Roon made changes to it for you.
So very recently.

yes, and I even tried power down nucleus+ completely and restarting

same behavior when I try to access qobuz - which is I get to the track and play, and the progress bar still goes into endless loop

thx