Qobuz playback is not working after latest update

Hi @Sridhar_Ganti,

Reading through the timing of these posts, I believe you’ll need to perform one more full power down/power up of the Nucleus. It looks like you’ve only restarted it once since we implemented the account change.

It’s essential that you restart the Nucleus twice. The first reboot downloads the account change from our server; the second reboot activates it on your device.

I would try doing that twice just to be sure the update took.

1 Like

Since there was mention about IPV6, while the nucleus+ was still ON, I decided to reboot my modem and Netgear orbi. After the reboot, my laptops just could not connect to wifi anymore, and my iphone and ipad could. I wanted to get this roon/qobuz out of the way, so I started roon app on my ipad, just shutdown the nucleus+ and went to the device and pressed the onb/off switch and switched it back on.
Next when I connected to roon from my ipad, I could see all my local albums, but connecting to qobuz was not happening, it was saying ‘network error’ or something to that effect. So this time, I shutdown nucleus+ again, and disconnected the power cord, the ethernet light, which remains on with the shutdown, shut off too. Then I connected the power back, and tried my iPad to connect to Roon.
This time, I could connect, and Qobuz was connecting too, and I randomly pick tracks from multiple albums and they were playing too :-). With this fixed, I went to my laptops, and with the cold restart of nucleus+, something happened in my network, and now I could connect my laptops also to the network.

Summarizing, I am back online on all fronts :slight_smile:

All – thank you for your help…

Connor - I would like to understand, what happened, what was the work around you did, as I would like to see if there corelation between what happened with whatever IPv6 changes you were talking to the networking in the house when I rebooted the modem and netgear orbi. We can take this in an offline email

thank you

1 Like

Curious helpers would like to know also!

Hi @Sridhar_Ganti,

We’re thrilled everything is back online and you’re able to sit back and enjoy playback across devices.

Feel free to send me a PM, but I’m happy to provide a description here. It sounds like you successfully performed both bootups, which restarted RoonServer twice and allowed the change to take effect. That’s why Qobuz connectivity was restored after your second reboot.

At this time, Roon does not generally support IPv6 outside of limited situations. Since it appears you’re using an IPv6 network, we’ve temporarily disabled Roon’s inbuilt DNS lookup to prevent Roon from receiving IPv6 DNS queries. Please note that this is a temporary fix while we work on a more permanent solution.

Also note that this change is limited to your Roon account and Core device; Roon doesn’t have the ability to change your network settings directly, only how your Nucleus+ is interacting with the network. The fact that your mobile devices initially wouldn’t connect after rebooting the router is likely a symptom of broader network settings affecting IP address assignment.

1 Like

Thank you the explanation, and really appreciate all your help…

1 Like

I am curious though, why did this show up now, 'cause things used to work fine before? I did not make any changes to my home setup either on modem or orbi? Getting that understanding would be helpful - if possible

I have same problem with Qobuz I will delate Qobuz from services After cleaning cache and reboot Roon and incorporate Qobuz service
And see what happens
But this is a fail of the system that requires to be solved